96 replies to this topic

#1 pinoymd

pinoymd

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:28 PM

This is a discussion thread for the Pinoy.MD Article: The 'M.D.-R.N. phenomenon'

#2 stethacp

stethacp

PMD Visiting Physician

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

I wonder which factor is pushing our doctors away, is it really the financial instability or economic instability of our country OR the declining hope and faith of the patients to the doctors with the upcoming malpractice issue which will further lead to defensive medicine?

Why cant people just view doctors as simple as it was before. That doctors try to help in the best way that they can to provide comfort to the patient. Buti pa dati, walang complications, everyone is happy. Ngayon, they want us to become like the US, gusto nila maging litiginous ang bansa natin, which is not practical. HAAAY!

#3 cruzin

cruzin

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:39 AM

I wonder which factor is pushing our doctors away, is it really the financial instability or economic instability of our country OR the declining hope and faith of the patients to the doctors with the upcoming malpractice issue which will further lead to defensive medicine?

All of the Above :unsure:
USA, here I come!!! :bye: :flag:

#4 journey

journey

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:18 AM

tunay yan cruzin? peds ka naman. chickenfeed lang ang umulit ng peds there at madali naman makakuha ng peds dun. good luck.

#5 cruzin

cruzin

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:27 AM

fellowship lang journey..Punta ako US sa Sept for my CS exam and interviews for a 2006 program. Daan nga ako kay TopMedic at puno ang basement niya ng beer at kay Mike Muin sa Bethesda.

Please Rise for The Star Spangled Banner By Francis Scott Key - Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the ... :o

#6 stethacp

stethacp

PMD Visiting Physician

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:44 AM

Mukhang US na US ka na cruzin :mrgreen: :bye:

#7 tortuga

tortuga

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

Please Rise for The Star Spangled Banner By Francis Scott Key - Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the ..

Once I asked my son (who attended his early schoolyears in the US) why they tend to sing God Bless America or recite the Pledge of Allegiance instead of singing the Star Spangled Banner. Then I realized it's such a darn hard song to sing especially for musically-challenged grade schoolers. They tend to sing it more by junior high and upwards.

#8 journey

journey

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

cruzin, keep an open mind. pag nandun ka na. baka mag repeat residency ka na lang afterwards. dami nangyari yan sa mga kaklase namin. felloship lang sa IM or Peds, tapos repeat na, tapos stay na. I can't blame them.

#9 cruzin

cruzin

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:01 AM

Actually journey, i don't mind repeating residency kasi wala naman ako masyadong natutunan sa PGH except how to push a stretcher with a 50 liter oxygen tank, look for donations, manually ambubag a patient at 45 breaths a minute, etc. The reason why I am going to fellowship muna kasi its easier to get into a US fellowship program. If I had my way, I would like to repeat residency.At least I would know how Pediatrics should be done in an ideal setting. ideal in the sense na kumpleto gamot at diagnostics. Let me put it this way, after graduating from PGH...you can bring me to the mountains of Basilan and I can manage a patient,...pero, if you bring me to St Lukes, maninibago ako at biglang naging kumpleto ang laboratory. Yes, a good clinical eye is a plus pero you still have to augment yourself with the proper theoretical background. I never got to read my books during residency...The free time I had was spent on sleeping and looking for my relatives for donations for my dying patients...Kaya...Please Rise for The Star Spangled Banner By Francis Scott Key - Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the ... :o

#10 journey

journey

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:02 AM

hindi nagbago ang pgh. whether in your time or time namin ni docnataksil. buti pa nga si docnataksil sa tate ng residency at fellowship. tayong pure pgh, hanggang ganun lang. yup, gotta agree with you.

#11 docnataksil

docnataksil

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:02 AM

teka, bat ako naisama sa "nung panahon NAMIN " sa PGH? hindi pa naman ako/tayo matagal na nag-graduate from med school ah. ;)

seriously though, we have to realize that medicine is now very technology dependent. a good clinical eye with the proper backup of technology will really matter when it comes to taking care of patients. Hindi na pwede ngayon yung puro clinical eye lang at lalo naman hindi pwede yung puro technology lang. :blink:

the People's General Hospital should offer the best minds using the best tools available. kelan kaya mangyayari yun? maybe when people get off their high horses and start realizing that the horse has sunk neck deep in mud, then they might try to do something. (Or at least man lang, not prevent other people from trying to do good out of fear na baka masapawan sila sa limelight.) <_<

#12 cruzin

cruzin

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:36 AM

the People's General Hospital should offer the best minds using the best tools available.  kelan kaya mangyayari yun? maybe when people get off their high horses and start realizing that the horse has sunk neck deep in mud, then they might try to do something. (Or at least man lang, not prevent other people from trying to do good out of fear na baka masapawan sila sa limelight.)  <_<

It happened when we did Give A Life docnataksil. We poured in 40 million pesos into that hospital in Meds and equipments in 1 year. Imagine! For the first time, every toxic patient had a ventilator and we phased out the Bote-CPAP contraption! ABGs were free and all had complete courses of antibiotics. But alas, Philippines won't be Philippines if not for people in high horses...who love horsing around :nuts:

#13 butiki

butiki

PMD Consultant

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:07 AM

allow me to reopen this thread. Its getting harder to get a placement for residency now in the us. non-LCME grad(Non-US/canadian med school) accredited program is not being considered for application in most institution. grabing takot ko na lang when I realized that some of our pinoy doctors who are already legal permanent resident (immigrant) or already a US citizen is taking up nursing in the us school. most of them have been waiting for more than 3 years for the residency placement. this is just an eye opener for you guys in the philippines. kahit competitive yung score mo sa usmle is not a guarantee. :flaming:

#14 miadaj

miadaj

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:49 AM

If you have a really good USMLE score and CV to back you up, it can be a challenge being an IMG, but it is not totally impossible. Baka naman kasi yung may mga green card are trying to apply into the truly competitive programs (big city, academic program). Maybe, they already have families and are established in a certain city, and don't want to venture into small town USA, where most opportunities are -- for training and job placement (visa waiver, in an underserved community).

#15 tortuga

tortuga

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:58 AM

Part of the problem is that during the mid 90's, a lot of hospitals/institutions lost their Medicare funding (partly used for residency training including FMG's). Most programs cannot expand their residencies due to cost-cutting and managed-care penetration.
Plus nowadays too many FMG's are prepping for the USMLE's (especially US citizens who studied overseas), it's really very competitive out there. Some hospitals where I got interviews in the past won't even consider you if you don't have a permanent residency. On a positive note, there are a lot of success stories but you really have to look hard at ALL the states in ANY program. There might come a time it will get easier to get a residency but don't hold your breath as it might take another decade for the public to feel any "doctor shortage".
On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with being a Nurse. If your goal is to provide well for your family and educate your children, it's really worth it.

#16 3964 CA

3964 CA

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

I finished my residency backhome. Plano ko ulitin ko na lang uli. Me maitutulong ba yung nakatapos ako ng residency? how about the fact na me greencard na ako? Am still in the process of completing my MLE.
My plan before was just to get fellowship training then go back sa Pilipinas. At least competitive ka. i had the unfortunate experience of being kicked out sa isang private hospital only bec di pa daw ako diplomate. I was just waiting for the exam that time dahil kakatapos ko lang residency. Actually sabi na lang yun ng bagong head ng department. She saw us as a threat (dalawa kaming inalis) ... That's medicine in the Philippines.
pero sa political at economic climate ngayon I plan to stay na for good kaya residency na ang target ko. :P

#17 cruzin

cruzin

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:07 AM

parang pareho experience natin ca3964. Actually, the fact that you already have a green card would make life so much easier. My advice is take up residency na lang muna para you have lots of options. Wag mo na isipin ang Pinas. Hanggat nandun pa yung mga old farts na nagpabigay sa yo ng problema, hindi ka aasenso. Bakit ba threat ang tingin nila sa tulad natin... :flaming:

#18 3964 CA

3964 CA

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:38 AM

you think so cruzin? well i hope so. :)

#19 journey

journey

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:25 PM

3964CA, tama yan. Do not even think of coming back here. We should know, we are here. Ano ba specialty mo? IM?

#20 carlshark

carlshark

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:36 AM

Its getting harder to get a placement for residency now in the us. non-LCME grad(Non-US/canadian med school) accredited program is not being considered for application in most institution.

xxx

kahit competitive yung score mo sa usmle is not a guarantee. :flaming:

True, but isn't it really like that ever since? My classmates are compiling a list of "IMG-friendly" programs and I think there are many of them naman. Although I am stuck here, it's heartening to see my classmates finally getting those interviews for the 2006 match. That being said, there's still nothing wrong to becoming an MD-RN, just foresee a more uphill climb if you're going for the match after your Nursing contract. The key kasi is to explain what you have been doing after you finished medical school.

#21 butiki

butiki

PMD Consultant

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

Hello ca 3964, having a green card will definitely make your life easy. make good with your mle. since you are already a permanent resident. you should start to expose yourself to the american doctor so that you can get a good recommendation. parang pinas din d2 palakasan din specially if some big shot white american doctor will back you up. di nga lang rampant katulad sa pinas.

#22 butiki

butiki

PMD Consultant

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

one more thing case to case basis yan, but most hospital have a 5 year cut off from grad. so having residency can explain your gap from time of graduation.

#23 3964 CA

3964 CA

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

check this out guys!!!

Another warning to doctors with eye on US

http://news.inq7.net...&story_id=58275

#24 miadaj

miadaj

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:21 PM

Nobody said it was going to be easy, whether you are an RN, MD, businessman relocating to the US, Canada, Singapore... At least, I am speaking for myself. I did not have any unrealistic expectations that my life would suddenly be better once I got to the "land of milk and honey". When I ventured out to the US 2 years out of med school, I knew it was a rough road ahead. Those who've read my earlier posts in Buhay Amerika, and those who PM me, I always warn them of what lies ahead, and those first few months was the darkest, bleakest time of my life. But you know, I had a goal and persevered. I had a back-up plan, in case plan #1 did not work out. Maybe I am a success story, but nobody's editorial letter should detract you from trying to seek out a better life.

#25 jennifer

jennifer

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

Yes, I agree with Mia. It's an interesting opinion but don't be discouraged. :)

We are fortunate that we have members like Miadaj in PMD :thumbup:

#26 tortuga

tortuga

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

I liked the rebuttal even more :D Filipinos knows the difficulty in getting residency
I'm usually the prophet of doom among my friends but I was surprised by the negativity in recent comments. I agree with miadaj. You don't become a doctor to be naive that everything will be easy. I had a PE teacher in high school who said that " If you success, we success" :lol: That should be our attitude. A lot of people who know me are still shocked that I got into a residency in the US or pass ANY exam! It's just a matter of attitude and accepting "fallbacks" with a clear conscience.

#27 mikemuin

mikemuin

PMD Webmaster

• Pinoy.MD Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

check this out guys!!!

According to the letter:

In residency, you have to stay awake day and night in the hospital for at least three years. After you finish residency, you will likely work in a hospital in a low socio-economic areas where most patients are supported by government Medicaid.

The hospital will own your life, you will work long hours, have too many patients, and work stress will creep up in your life. You will have less time for family and leisure. Divorce because of work-related stress is not uncommon among doctors.

US ba dini-describe niya o RP? Kahit saan ka naman mag-residency, mahirap talaga buhay. This guy is probably not a doctor. We all know residency in US, RP, Pakistan, China, Japan, etc. will require sacrifice. The bottom line is not about the 'work' involved, but the sacrifice in leaving families and loved ones.

#28 tortuga

tortuga

PMD Consultant

• PMD Platinum Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:07 PM

There's another nurse who posted some comments on the Inquirer. Let me tackle her issues.

If you are over 40 years old, you are likely to have difficulty getting accepted for training. You might get residency in fields that are shunned by American doctors, such as in psychiatry, internal medicine and pediatrics, which are not big-money professions.

--There is no age discrimination in the States. I had a lot of co-residents who are more than 40 years old (second careers or foreign grads). The difficulty is competing with very few spots for foreign grads. "BIG-MONEY" professions is relative. Compared with what, earning 50K pesos in the Philippines?If being a Nurse is the worst that could happen to you, think of all the struggling doctors in the Philippines.

In residency, you have to stay awake day and night in the hospital for at least three years. After you finish residency, you will likely work in a hospital in a low socio-economic areas where most patients are supported by government Medicaid.

--And you sleep more as a resident in the Philippines??? Physically, residency in the US is easier, mentally is another matter. After residency, you can work anywhere you want except if you are on a J-1 waiver.

The hospital will own your life, you will work long hours, have too many patients, and work stress will creep up in your life. You will have less time for family and leisure. Divorce because of work-related stress is not uncommon among doctors

This can happen in ANY profession and ANY country.

If you choose to have a private practice, you will have to pay your own malpractice insurance, which is sky-high. You would then be working for malpractice insurance, but not for your wallet

.-Partially true but exaggerated. You still will have a decent net income.

I have seen many Filipino doctors who were unable to pass the three-part tests and now work as caregivers for the elderly, dressing patchers for skin ulcers of the elderly in nursing homes, or doing low-paying odd jobs, to survive

Sure, I've met some of them. TO SURVIVE, you have to do anything . But eventually these guys become at least LPN's which can still put decent food on the table.

#29 jmyoung

jmyoung

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

to add to miadaj and tortuga's comments...

”If you are over 40 years old, you are likely to have difficulty getting accepted for training. You might get residency in fields that are shunned by American doctors, such as in psychiatry, internal medicine and pediatrics, which are not big-money professions.”

True, but you will still earn at par with any American grads if you prove your worth and work hard. I have been to brods’ homes who started practicing about 10 yrs ahead of me and they sure look like they earned more than enough based on their lifestyles and homes.
I heard from a new IM grad brod, that Psychiatry is now harder to get into.

”In residency, you have to stay awake day and night in the hospital for at least three years. After you finish residency, you will likely work in a hospital in a low socio-economic areas where most patients are supported by government Medicaid.’

Not true, in fact because of the Bell commission’s findings many years ago, it has been legislated that for safety reasons residents should not work more than 24 hrs straight with a cap on total work hours per week. Bec. of these regulations, I think that the residents here are a little bit spoiled nowadays, which would reflect on some of the work ethics of some new residents, palaging may reklamo. If you have a green card you can work anywhere you want, if you have a J1 visa and need a waiver, then of course your options maybe limited.

“The hospital will own your life, you will work long hours, have too many patients, and work stress will creep up in your life. You will have less time for family and leisure. Divorce because of work-related stress is not uncommon among doctors.”

Really depends on your choices. If you work 40 hrs work week, you would earn more than enough to support a family and plenty of time to spend quality time with your family. Of course, if you are high maintainance and have expensive tastes, then it’s your choice , but will have to work extra.

”If you choose to have a private practice, you will have to pay your own malpractice insurance, which is sky-high. You would then be working for malpractice insurance, but not for your wallet.”

Malpractice premiums are higher but still manageable so far. For my specialty of Psych, its about 8K. surgical/ OB specialties’ have skyrocketed, but they earn much more however.

“I have seen many Filipino doctors who were unable to pass the three-part tests and now work as caregivers for the elderly, dressing patchers for skin ulcers of the elderly in nursing homes, or doing low-paying odd jobs, to survive.”

I have seen many more successful pinoy mds than those who are struggling. In fact there was a census released a while back that showed statistically, pinoy families are over median income group here in the US. During the turn of the century, Italians and Europeans migrated to the US and did menial, low paying jobs. This is so that they can provide a better future and more opportunities for their children. Our advantage, is that we are better educated and hence have better options, with allied health related jobs. There is no shortage of jobs in the US, if you want to work.

”The truth of the matter is that reality is the contrast of most doctors' expectations. My advise to Filipino doctors: Look before you leap.”

True, but look at both sides of the arguments. As with everything, weigh the pros and cons and based on your own specific situation, decide on the option that will give you the best chance of happiness and fulfillment in your profession.

#30 butiki

butiki

PMD Consultant

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:14 AM

I liked the rebuttal even more :D Filipinos knows the difficulty in getting residency

very true. hope I didnt add discouragement to my fellow pinoymd by restarting the thread with bad news. ika nga parang roller coaster ride eto sometimes you feel elited when you got an invitation then feel depressed right a way when turned down. but life goes on habang may buhay may pagasa. this has been my life for the past 2 years even though I got pretty competitive grades in usmle. I am still here fighting on. so tara na fight!!!! :flag: I like the rebuttal more too. :D

#31 MADELINE

MADELINE

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

Nakakalungkot isipin. ako nga eh nurse ako na mag MMedicine. I have so many opportunities to live abroad and earn a large sum of money pero I AM WILLING TO DIE FOR MY COUNTRY. hehe To be a doctor is my personal legend.

#32 DoctorDr

DoctorDr

PMD Fellow

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Nakakalungkot isipin. ako nga eh nurse ako na mag MMedicine. I have so many opportunities to live abroad and earn a large sum of money pero I AM WILLING TO DIE FOR MY COUNTRY. hehe To be a doctor is my personal legend.

Good for you Madeline!!!and for our dear country!!!

#33 Dr_Smiley

Dr_Smiley

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Madeline hija

We can look at this post again in 2014 again okey? <_<

#34 MADELINE

MADELINE

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

Madeline hija

Opo Dr.Smiley, sure na po yan, I am here because there's no other place to be. Dalawa lang po ang gusto kong maging PROFESSION: A DOCTOR and a WIFE.
And besides, I HATE NURSING, pinilit lang po ko ni momma dear, hehe MedTech po talaga ang pangarap kong PreMed but that didn't stopped me.

Anyway, alam ko na po ung realities ng buhay ng doctor dito sa pinas, GO pa din po ako, kasi alam ko po dito ako masaya.
Ayoko naman po na tumanda ako at nakaupo na lang sa aking rocking chair na nagrreminisce ng mga nagawa ko sa mundong ibabaw na at nanghihinayang na hindi ko natupad ang pangarap kong maging doctor dahil sa ipinagpalit ko ito sa pagiging Nurse Abroad for money.

Sa hirap at ginhawa, MEDICINE IS MY PERSONAL LEGEND.
maasahan nyo po ako. :laugh2:

#35 MADELINE

MADELINE

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hehe Thank you po.

#36 DoctorDr

DoctorDr

PMD Fellow

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hehe Thank you po.

hey Madeline san ka papasok na school of medicine?or your in already?where?

#37 argus

argus

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

Madeline hija

Opo Dr.Smiley, sure na po yan, I am here because there's no other place to be. Dalawa lang po ang gusto kong maging PROFESSION: A DOCTOR and a WIFE.
And besides, I HATE NURSING, pinilit lang po ko ni momma dear, hehe MedTech po talaga ang pangarap kong PreMed but that didn't stopped me.

Anyway, alam ko na po ung realities ng buhay ng doctor dito sa pinas, GO pa din po ako, kasi alam ko po dito ako masaya.
Ayoko naman po na tumanda ako at nakaupo na lang sa aking rocking chair na nagrreminisce ng mga nagawa ko sa mundong ibabaw na at nanghihinayang na hindi ko natupad ang pangarap kong maging doctor dahil sa ipinagpalit ko ito sa pagiging Nurse Abroad for money.

Well, isnt that sad.... you despise who you are/ or were. but then again, ang cute. the alchemist ang effect. personal legend. :rolleyes:

#38 MADELINE

MADELINE

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Madeline hija

Well, isnt that sad.... you despise who you are/ or were. but then again, ang cute. the alchemist ang effect. personal legend. :rolleyes:

bUT THEn again, THIS IS MY HEART wants, be a MedTech.
I was never a nurse (in a sense that my heart isn't here)
It reaaly is sad when u cant have something u so badly want... :cry:

#39 MADELINE

MADELINE

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hehe Thank you po.

hey Madeline san ka papasok na school of medicine?or your in already?where?

SA FEU-NRMF po... :eyebrows:

#40 ladycatherine

ladycatherine

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

FEU mahirap yata dyan sipa lang ng sipa, baka piliin mo mag RN nalang ulit

well goodluck and godbless madeline

if you have other question just pm me....

#41 entcastromd

entcastromd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

sa tingin ko.. pera lang ang usapan jan...

kung malakas ang kita ng dr, sa tingin nyo mag-nurse pa kaya sya?

#42 wolverine

wolverine

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

Yes. I personally know at least 3 prominent doctors in their respective fields who went into nursing not because of the money but because of the greencard.

#43 entcastromd

entcastromd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

bket klangan ng greencard?

#44 argus

argus

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

doc baka gusto magmigrate sa US of A.

#45 entcastromd

entcastromd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

doc baka gusto magmigrate sa US of A.

precisely.... but why live in the usa?

#46 argus

argus

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

why not? quality of life siguro or for security reasons

#47 Antigone

Antigone

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Nung intern ako, meron big-time surgeon na nag nursing. Tong surgeon na to, araw araw halos me major OR, tapos meron pa siya aesthetic center saka yung asawa niya radio, meron din diagnostic center. Ang sabi niya sa akin, kasi para daw sa anak niya. Gusto niya yung anak magkaroon ng more opportunities sa buhay. So siguro kanya kanya nga lang talagang dahilan. Kasi malamang mas malaki pa kita niya dito sa Pilipinas kesa kung mag nurse na siya sa US.

#48 entcastromd

entcastromd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

exactly.... pera din nman issue dito di ba?

#49 argus

argus

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

Siguro po kasi baka gusto nila ng mas maayos na sistema ng gobyerno, yung less corrupt officials ang magpapatakbo ng bansang titirahan nila, yung at least may peace of mind sila kasi alam mo nila yung mga anak nila titira sa mas magandang environment, mas secure, and to have at least a fair chance in life for opportunities ang mga anak nila.

Dito kasi yung merong stability eh yung mga artista, mga pulitiko for as long as they hold on to power, bold star, basketball player, at si manny paquio na boxer.

hehe

#50 entcastromd

entcastromd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

Siguro po kasi baka gusto nila ng mas maayos na sistema ng gobyerno, yung less corrupt officials ang magpapatakbo ng bansang titirahan nila, yung at least may peace of mind sila kasi alam mo nila yung mga anak nila titira sa mas magandang environment, mas secure, and to have at least a fair chance in life for opportunities ang mga anak nila.

Dito kasi yung merong stability eh yung mga artista, mga pulitiko for as long as they hold on to power, bold star, basketball player, at si manny paquio na boxer.

hehe

so di ba obvious na ang mga sinasabi mong may stability ay yung mga may pera...