#101 docvlad

docvlad

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Just to answer your questions, doc...

1. if nasa canada na kami, how long must we stay there? may minimum years ba? If you mean in order to become eligible for Canadian citizenship, then yes. I think it's a total of 3 years, which means you can go in and out of the country though it will take you longer to become a citizen. If you are content to remain immigrants, then the answer is no. You can actually leave again soon after you land. However, permanent residents do not get all the privileges that Canadian citizens do, obviously.

2. if we're going to apply for a non-physician job, do i need to take the ielts din ba? are they requiring it? what are the basic requirements? i told my husband that i can work not related to our field and he can stay at home and take care of our kids while studying. in that way, makakaipon din kami. IELTS is a requirement by the Canadian government from the principal applicant before they grant your family PR status. It is no longer needed once you get there. Also, you can immediately apply to any position that does not require a license as long as you have adequate work experience in the field. It does not guarantee that you'll get the job, however, as competition can be very stiff. Some doctor friends of ours have found work as clinic assistants (clerical). Many became caregivers, and others survived by working in factories/fast food joints. One company tried to hire me as a medical writer because of my experience, but I was on a visitor visa at the time and couldn't legally work there (too bad, too, since they were willing to shoulder relocation expenses). Finally, you'll need to learn how to write your resume Canadian style, which has already been discussed previously.

thank you so much :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

#102 docvlad

docvlad

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

Anu-ano ba ang ways to "upgrade"? Could enrolling in ICD-10 course help? I was a medical editor here, too.

PERO UNA SA LAHAT, hindi pa namin alam where in Canada to go. We initially opted for Saskatchewan pero wala namang basis yun. Nagandahan lang ako sa name. We already got our visa last week but reading your posts where I don't seem to see SK, parang best na ata to go to a province na may support group. Wala kasi kaming relatives or friends dyan eh.

Not many Asians will survive in Saskatchewan, I think :tongue: Kung gusto mong maraming Pinoy doc it's better to go to Alberta or Ontario. Though "Pinoy" is not necessarily synonymous with "support group," as we've seen for ourselves :( If you're after scenery, in my opinion BC is still the place to go.

#103 J&J

J&J

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Anu-ano ba ang ways to "upgrade"? Could enrolling in ICD-10 course help? I was a medical editor here, too.

PERO UNA SA LAHAT, hindi pa namin alam where in Canada to go. We initially opted for Saskatchewan pero wala namang basis yun. Nagandahan lang ako sa name. We already got our visa last week but reading your posts where I don't seem to see SK, parang best na ata to go to a province na may support group. Wala kasi kaming relatives or friends dyan eh.

Not many Asians will survive in Saskatchewan, I think :tongue: Kung gusto mong maraming Pinoy doc it's better to go to Alberta or Ontario. Though "Pinoy" is not necessarily synonymous with "support group," as we've seen for ourselves :( If you're after scenery, in my opinion BC is still the place to go.

Thank you for your reply. Not a few people discourage us from going to SK. If we're not after nga lang syempre sa chances of getting licensed and landing a job, we would really go for BC. Would you know if getting an ICD-10 certificate help? I plan to enroll din kasi sana.

#104 docvlad

docvlad

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

It might, but since I don't know anyone who has gone that route, I'm simply not qualified to say. Another option would be to get a CME training certificate from a US company (so instead of coding, you can go into medical communications), which is a lot more lucrative and in demand.

If you're interested, I got a very good deal from an award-winning CME training provider in the States. It's supposed to be only for the medical writers within my group, but I can ask permission to share this with everyone else in PinoyMD. The company is InQuill, and instead of paying their regular fee of almost USD 2,000, my discounted rate is a mere USD 400. However, slots are limited so please let me know ASAP. I will post more details later in the week.

#105 dojomaster

dojomaster

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

@DocEON

Just to add to the information given by docvlad :

In order to maintain your Permanent Resident status in Canada, you must stay within Canada for a minimum of 2 years out of every 5 years. Less than 2 years, you will have your PR status revoked (meaning, i-deport ka sa Philippines)

In order to apply for Canadian Citizenship, you must have stayed in Canada for at least 3 years out of 4 years. There will be a written test for citizenship. After you attain your Citizenship and Canadian passport, yun na yun, you can come and go as you please.

#106 J&J

J&J

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:11 AM

It might, but since I don't know anyone who has gone that route, I'm simply not qualified to say. Another option would be to get a CME training certificate from a US company (so instead of coding, you can go into medical communications), which is a lot more lucrative and in demand.

If you're interested, I got a very good deal from an award-winning CME training provider in the States. It's supposed to be only for the medical writers within my group, but I can ask permission to share this with everyone else in PinoyMD. The company is InQuill, and instead of paying their regular fee of almost USD 2,000, my discounted rate is a mere USD 400. However, slots are limited so please let me know ASAP. I will post more details later in the week.

Yes, I'm interested. When will this be held and where? I did medical editing here. Sige sige, please.

#107 docvlad

docvlad

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

It's an online course, doc, so you can take it at home. Please wait for my update later this week. I will start another thread for sign-ups.

#108 docEon

docEon

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

@j&j : ay talaga? we already hired someone and gave more than 50% of the fee kc she was referred din nun co-resident ng husband ko. pero so far ok naman kinkulit na rin kami with the bank statements and other requirements. thanks so much for the links. trying to absorb all the details rin.

@docvlad : thanks so much for the info. so i don't need to take the ielts na pala. i can go there and work for the meantime not related to med in order to survive the first few months (hopefully not years or sana naman not forever) of our stay there.

@dojomaster : yikes as in deport sa pinas? di pwede punta na lang sa ibang country or sa us from canada? thanks so much for this info.

#109 docvlad

docvlad

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

Yes, I'm interested. When will this be held and where? I did medical editing here. Sige sige, please.

Eto na doc... You'll find the link in this thread.

#110 kenamiel

kenamiel

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

Eto na doc... You'll find the link in this thread.

Doc could you please enlighten me regarding medical writing?what is is all about?thanks!

Edited by kenamiel, 12 April 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#111 docvlad

docvlad

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

Doc could you please enlighten me regarding medical writing?what is is all about?thanks!

May I refer you to this thread, doc? http://pinoy.md/ipb/...ing-discussion/

You'll find answers to FAQs about medical writing on page 6. ;)

#112 dojomaster

dojomaster

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

@docEon

Well yes, if you are also a US green card holder, you have that choice to be deported sa US if you can't maintain your PR status in Canada.

I presume though na hinde ka US citizen. If so, then you can only be deported back to your home country. I presume Philippines is still your home country. Hehehe...

#113 fenella64

fenella64

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hi doctors,
I'm new here. I've been following the thread from the beginning up to now. Thank you Lemminasty, Dojomaster for all the advices and tips. I, too, will be joining you as IMG in Manitoba. I'll be flying with my daughter on July 5, nauna na husband ko last January. Anyone who knows an IMG in Winnipeg? I'm glad, kahit papaano me support group tayo, join ako ha.

#114 fenella64

fenella64

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:58 AM

Also, docvlad,and other who gave unsolicited advice. thanks a lot!

Edited by fenella64, 19 April 2011 - 06:33 AM.

#115 DocSig

DocSig

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

canada is not friendly for international medical graduates (IMG), don't be fooled by the promise of their immigration, instead read about the flight of thousands of IMG already here in canada, i've been here i know and out of job for over a year now. the health system here is govt funded and the positions for doctors are highly reserved for canadian graduates. in fact, the govt is looking ways to give some of the functions of the MDs to nurse practitioners, PAs, and other allied health team to reduce the budget from MDs big pay. i think USA is better off to go at least it is fair for everybody once you pass USMLE. here in canada even you pass their medical exams, you still cannot practice coz residency vacancy is very low and very competitive. if you wanna really come over here in canada, make sure you prepare for other kinds of survival job. this is what i feel, i don't want to discourage anyone but do your own research. i want to get out from this country and go to USA.

hahaha.grabe ba talaga?Marami ba dyan open as crew sa mga Fastfoods?mukhang pwede sakin yun..

yan ang marami dito, actually my first try was at Tim Hortons (Donut at Kape) $8.50/hr, 2 weeks lang suko na, di na seguro ako sanay sa ganitong trabaho hahaha, ngayon pulot itlog na lang sa chicken farm $10/hour mas madali wala pang tax Posted Image

Funny migrating there but doing the work that you are not used to do. So what happened after all these survival jobs? Did you try to go up to a higher level? Will you still recommend Canadian immigration to us?

#116 docEon

docEon

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

@docEon

Well yes, if you are also a US green card holder, you have that choice to be deported sa US if you can't maintain your PR status in Canada.

I presume though na hinde ka US citizen. If so, then you can only be deported back to your home country. I presume Philippines is still your home country. Hehehe...

thank you so much for this info. right now, we are still processing our documents. kc i gave birth recently rin and have to process the passport of my baby. i hope we will be able to decide what we really want and where do we really want to stay in the future.

so again, thanks a lot!Posted Image

#117 alvinezra

alvinezra

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

any feedback about Manitoba, thanks

#118 doctortey

doctortey

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

Are there any mds out there who submitted their FSW application September 2011? Our application was received Sept 16 by CIC. Just want to ask if you've received your AOR's?

I wonder how fast the processing is nowadays...

Thank you in advance for anyone who can share their input!

#119 pas

pas

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

I am not from Canada, but from another "English country" with common problems in recognition as yours. There are basically 5 countries that english medicine recognises as their "equal". Graduates of these countries are given easy sailing to integrate into each system. Others, with white european background will be treated better than of non-europeans. The isssue here is politics. Nativism-based on ethnic origin, blood, land, conquer and "ownership", is the main political stand as to why many from the non-european nation are excluded from integrating into the profession in these countries. The practise of Apartheid in different barrier forms are so felt by almost non causcasians. There are excemptions, but are just to hand few picks. In this way, the "English World Establishment" can deny that race exclusion base on ethnic personal "attributes" are not present. Tyranny thrives unnoticed in the midst of the vulnerable non-european migrant without a fight.

Be aware of this issue, and act as a group proactively to expand the debate against this from of tyranny- Act against Protectionism in the context of Nativist Politics.

Edited by pas, 29 October 2011 - 01:02 AM.

#120 Unlimited

Unlimited

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Kami nga still waiting for medical request,meron din kami consultant, nag pass kami Nov 2010.Medyo kinakabahan sa paghihintay at nawawalan ng pag asa dahil mukhang more than 10 months na kasi sabi daw 6 months lang ang hintayan.Hayyy BAHALA na...

Edited by Unlimited, 29 October 2011 - 11:14 PM.

#121 docmama

docmama

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Are there any mds out there who submitted their FSW application September 2011? Our application was received Sept 16 by CIC. Just want to ask if you've received your AOR's? I wonder how fast the processing is nowadays... Thank you in advance for anyone who can share their input!

Hi doctortey, I am new to pinoymd. Balak ko din mag apply for Canada immigration as FSW, hopefully November 2011 or before matapos ang 2011 kasi kulang pa funds/cash ko. Hope you can give me advice regarding this concern.
Actually, may nahiram nako sa parents ko na money kaso kulang kasi magsasama ako ng isang anak (single parent) so atleast may $13,000 ako na cash. Mga $8k pa lang cash with life insurance na upto now binabayaran ko pa. Pwede na ba un or dapat talaga susundin mo un minimum cash requirement for 2 family members which is $13k?Sa case mo ano ginawa mo?

Try ko mangutang sa ibang friends and relatives kaso di pako sinasagot upto now eh gusto ko ng magsubmit para ma process na papers. May alam ka ba na iba options masa suggest para madagdagan ang settlement fund (show money)?

By the way, ang sabi ng friend ko na nasa Canada na (MD din sya) mga 9 months ang processing ng papers nila (4 in the family).Andun na sila nakaka 1 year na.Posted Image

Thanks in advancePosted Image

#122 doctortey

doctortey

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Kami nga still waiting for medical request,meron din kami consultant, nag pass kami Nov 2010.Medyo kinakabahan sa paghihintay at nawawalan ng pag asa dahil mukhang more than 10 months na kasi sabi daw 6 months lang ang hintayan.Hayyy BAHALA na...

Would you know what the cause of delay is? Did you assign your consultant as your 'official rep?"

#123 doctortey

doctortey

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Are there any mds out there who submitted their FSW application September 2011? Our application was received Sept 16 by CIC. Just want to ask if you've received your AOR's? I wonder how fast the processing is nowadays... Thank you in advance for anyone who can share their input!

Hi doctortey, I am new to pinoymd. Balak ko din mag apply for Canada immigration as FSW, hopefully November 2011 or before matapos ang 2011 kasi kulang pa funds/cash ko. Hope you can give me advice regarding this concern.
Actually, may nahiram nako sa parents ko na money kaso kulang kasi magsasama ako ng isang anak (single parent) so atleast may $13,000 ako na cash. Mga $8k pa lang cash with life insurance na upto now binabayaran ko pa. Pwede na ba un or dapat talaga susundin mo un minimum cash requirement for 2 family members which is $13k?Sa case mo ano ginawa mo?

Try ko mangutang sa ibang friends and relatives kaso di pako sinasagot upto now eh gusto ko ng magsubmit para ma process na papers. May alam ka ba na iba options masa suggest para madagdagan ang settlement fund (show money)?

By the way, ang sabi ng friend ko na nasa Canada na (MD din sya) mga 9 months ang processing ng papers nila (4 in the family).Andun na sila nakaka 1 year na.Posted Image

Thanks in advancePosted Image

I think necessary to have the required funds for your application to be processed. Otherwise, baka ma reject lang, sayang yung application fee. The only option I can think of is if you can get an "offer of employment" from Canada - this way waived yung proof of funds na requirement. Goodluck and keep us posted. As of today, haven't heard anything from CIC=(

#124 pas

pas

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

nabasa ko lang ito ngyon na ang US will likely accept IMGs from accredited foreign med schools. kailan lang may international meeting ang healthworkforce na knabibilang lamang ng US, Canada, Australia at UK. tinalakay nila nag ganitong situation. trade block ito para sa docktor. protectionismo ng trabahong na ang may monopoliya ay mga inglis.

#125 figmd

figmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

anyone here hire professional service for immigration? i was emailed by a company offering their serviees saying they could process my application and sabi within 6-12months, nasa Canada na. Heres part of their email:

Thank you for taking my call earlier and for showing your interest in going to Canada. It's highly appreciated. I'm glad to inform you that our company has been operating its business for 13 years now since 1998. Its name is Canadian Opportunities Unlimited Inc.. We have 95% approval rate and 90% non appearance.

Upon assessing your resume, I'm glad to inform you that you are qualified since your occupation as a Physician is included in the priority list for Canada based on the new list of occupations that was last July 1 and you achieved the passing mark of 67 points.

We could process Immigrant Visa Application in just 6-12 months.

On our first lodge of your application to the Canadian Government, we need all the documents be sent to Canada. So, this is much faster compared last year since they will endorse you to the Embassy after they verified all your documents and subject for Medical.

If you are interested, let's do it faster since the Canadian Government just set 500 slots in every occupation. After this program, we still don't know if they will still accept Migrants and they will release another set of occupations. Better be quick in deciding.
In fact as of Nov. 23 there are 262 complete applications received in Canada.

Here are the fees to pay, please refer below:

Our Professional Fee is USD $ 3,000 (you could pay it in peso depending on the exchange rate)

50% Upon Signing the Contract ( we could release the the list of requirements & forms)

50% Upon Medical Advise

Note: If you are going to sign up with us this Thursday or Friday, I can give you 3 mode of payments. Please refer below:

USD 750 - Upon Signing the Contract
USD 750 - Upon Receiving the Pre Approval
USD 1, 500 - Upon Medical Advise

OUR SERVICES:

Visa Processing Full Representation to the Embassy

Interview Coaching Job & House Search Assistance

Proper Documentation

Aside from Our fee, you would also pay the following:

GOVERNMENT PROCESSING FEE (this must be purchased and send to Canada along with your application forms)

CAD 550 ( principal applicant)

LANDING FEE ( this would be payable if you have notice of Visa)

CAD 490 ( principal applicant)

If we will convert the expense in peso..it would only cost you approximately Php 227,000.

SHOW MONEY for a Single Applicant the amount is indicated below. ( this is just a show money and not an expense. It could be coming from relatives na i-deposit lang sa account nyo).

CAD 11,115 (IT COULD BE IN PESO ) @ 46 = Php 511,290.00

Other fees:

Php 2,500 for the courier
Php 120 for notary

Do you think this is a fair deal?

#126 rigbound-md

rigbound-md

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

hello pmd's in canada.. i have 3 questions:
1. kailangan ba i-submit ang proof of funds sa initial stage of application or pwede kahit sa later stage na?
2. nakakuha pa kaagad kayo ng jobs paglapag nyo sa canada kahit hindi related sa field natin? average months bago kayo nakakuha jobs?
3. did you took up short courses study while working? how was it?

sana may mag-reply *crosses fingers*. lets keep this thread busy. Posted Image

thanks in advance.

#127 Unlimited

Unlimited

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

anyone here hire professional service for immigration? i was emailed by a company offering their serviees saying they could process my application and sabi within 6-12months, nasa Canada na. Heres part of their email:

Thank you for taking my call earlier and for showing your interest in going to Canada. It's highly appreciated. I'm glad to inform you that our company has been operating its business for 13 years now since 1998. Its name is Canadian Opportunities Unlimited Inc.. We have 95% approval rate and 90% non appearance.

Upon assessing your resume, I'm glad to inform you that you are qualified since your occupation as a Physician is included in the priority list for Canada based on the new list of occupations that was last July 1 and you achieved the passing mark of 67 points.

We could process Immigrant Visa Application in just 6-12 months.

On our first lodge of your application to the Canadian Government, we need all the documents be sent to Canada. So, this is much faster compared last year since they will endorse you to the Embassy after they verified all your documents and subject for Medical.

If you are interested, let's do it faster since the Canadian Government just set 500 slots in every occupation. After this program, we still don't know if they will still accept Migrants and they will release another set of occupations. Better be quick in deciding.
In fact as of Nov. 23 there are 262 complete applications received in Canada.

Here are the fees to pay, please refer below:

Our Professional Fee is USD $ 3,000 (you could pay it in peso depending on the exchange rate)

50% Upon Signing the Contract ( we could release the the list of requirements & forms)

50% Upon Medical Advise

Note: If you are going to sign up with us this Thursday or Friday, I can give you 3 mode of payments. Please refer below:

USD 750 - Upon Signing the Contract
USD 750 - Upon Receiving the Pre Approval
USD 1, 500 - Upon Medical Advise

OUR SERVICES:

Visa Processing Full Representation to the Embassy

Interview Coaching Job & House Search Assistance

Proper Documentation

Aside from Our fee, you would also pay the following:

GOVERNMENT PROCESSING FEE (this must be purchased and send to Canada along with your application forms)

CAD 550 ( principal applicant)

LANDING FEE ( this would be payable if you have notice of Visa)

CAD 490 ( principal applicant)

If we will convert the expense in peso..it would only cost you approximately Php 227,000.

SHOW MONEY for a Single Applicant the amount is indicated below. ( this is just a show money and not an expense. It could be coming from relatives na i-deposit lang sa account nyo).

CAD 11,115(IT COULD BE IN PESO ) @ 46 = Php 511,290.00

Other fees:

Php 2,500 for the courier
Php 120 for notary

Do you think this is a fair deal?

If you have time naman mag lakad ng mga papers and mag internet eh wag na kayo kumuha ng Professional servece like what you have said.Kasi sometimes mas mabilis kung kayo mismo maglalakad ng papers nyo,most of them via courier namn ang transactions at makakatipid pa kayo ng malaki.Merong site para sa mga questions mo regarding how to's,do's and dont's.. http://lbautista.pro...s.com/index.cgi.makikita mo dito mha pinoy na nagtagumpay makarating sa Canada and those who are still waiting like us..hehe.
Mern din website para sa mga requirements kaso nawala ko ata.i google mo nalang.CIC yata yun...

#128 doctortey

doctortey

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Hello figmd. Just want to share my personal experience.

I prepared our FSW application on my own and submitted it to CIO in Sydney (Sept 16). Just last week (Dec 17), received an email stating my application was rejected due to not meeting the work experience requirement for NOC 3111 (Specialist Physician). I then consulted with someone from Canadian Immigration Consultancy (MOA ofc) and was told that although my case is "ideal" (since work experience thru residency training was enough), nagkulang lang ako sa supporting docs and sa "presentation" ng work experience ko (not detailed enough I guess).

My realizations:
1. If you want to do it on your own, which is kaya talaga like unlimited said, exhaust all tips sa mga forums (such as this) and be extremely detail oriented. Bibigyan mo talaga oras kasi ako, as long as I gave requirements I thought ok na. Yun pala, may factor din on how you present everything.

2. Be prepared to take a risk. Nung september kasi, konti pa lang bawas sa cap ng NOC 3111. So I felt we could afford to submit (on our own) then wait and see. Kaya lang 3mos din yung reply, so now time is not on our side kasi around 175 na lang remaining slots for specialist physicians. So ending, mag consultancy na kami to better our chances of approval and speed up the process.

3. If you do go for a consultant, the only advantage I see is less mindwork for you in trying to figure out if ok na yung requirements, etc. Also, since dedicated sila to completing your application, mas mabilis mo ma su-submit as opposed to doing it on your own (it took me 2 mos to put everything together, kasi may clinic work din eh). Yung PF ng consultants is range of 2k-3k. Best if you ask around muna before signing up.

Sana nakatulong ako=)

#129 Amused

Amused

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Posted Imagedocmarbok, on 31 March 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

Posted Imagelemminasty, on 13 March 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Regarding pinoy doctors organizations, I haven't heard one yet outside Toronto. We're organizing one in BC as I mentioned but medjo informal pa kami and as of now mga CIM grads pa. Only time will tell if we'll expand or we'll lose our steam.

Please don't lose steam! We need you! Posted Image

Hi, newbie here. I'm a newly licensed physician, CIM graduate din po and planning to move to B.C., sali ako sa org niyo when I get there! haha.. Posted Image

I just want to thank you Lemminasty and all the other contributors dito sa forum. I've been reading this thread and the "any MD on board" thread on P2C. All your advice have given me a clearer picture of the licensing process and temporary alternative healthcare jobs. Dare I say you've also given me hope. Posted Image

Honestly, I've been hesitant about moving to Canada, because I've heard stories about pinoy MDs not being able to practice there despite having passed all the required exams. Even the MCC site seems to dissuade IMG's from applying. A lot of people have been telling me to take the USMLE route instead of MCCEE kasi it's easier for an IMG/FMG to get matched sa US vs Canada. So plan was USMLE, then residency in US and finally get to live in Canada while doing fellowship. Roundabout way of practicing medicine in Canada. Unfortunately this scenario means I'll be away from my hubby for 3 years. Posted Image

I was also considering going through the process of medical licensure in canada, kahit mas mahirap makakuha residency slot, and in the meantime getting any job in healthcare. Unfortunately premed ko is BS Biology and with no work experience in that field kasi nagmed na ako, doesn't really qualify me to get a job as a biologist there. Bakit kasi hindi nursing, PT or medtech kinuha ko. Hopefully yun skills connect that you mentioned can help me out.

Pinoy IMG din ako na nandito sa BC---rural northern BC at that, i.e., freezer temp, etc.. lemminasty, sali din ako dyan pagnatuloy at sana nga ituloy nyo. Nag-member ako sa AIMDBC (Association of International Medical Doctors of BC) at sa directory may around 10 doctors na pinoy. Di ko lang alam kung ano status nila sa pangarap na makapag-register as physicians kasi di pa ko nag-attempt na kumontak ng kahit sino. Sa Alberta, buhay na buhay ang samahan ng pinoy MDs. Naki-member na rin ako kahit di ako taga-Alberta. May facebook group sila/kami-isearch nyo na lang PinoyMD Alberta. May ilan na rin sa kanila ang practicing physicians-FM, IM, Pedia; meron ding kasalukuyang nasa residency trainings. May isang subspecialist sa Nephro (?---don't quote me on this) sa Pinas tapos nung dumating dito nag-apply sya ma-register sa Royal College. Tinanggap sya as internist. Ang point ko lang, hindi nman siguro hopeless ang pangarap nating maging duktor ulit.
Interesado din ako dun sa medical editing/writing job na minention mo lemminesty at dinagdagan ni docVlad bilang pang-supplement na income (o main income pag di palaring makapasok sa Medical system dito). May 2-year background din kasi ako dyan nung nasa Pinas. At pwede sana yan gawin on-line???
Tungkol naman sa sarili kong quest na mag-practice as doctor, sa loob ng 15 months mula nang dumating ako dito, na-meet ko na ang POSTED requirements ng IMGBC (TOEFL, EE, pati na rin QE1 kahit optional) kaya nag-submit na ko ng application for 2012. Nagpapatulong ako sa BackInMotion/Skills Connect with regards to funding at pag-aayos ng CV at personal letter. Magsusubmit din ako ng application for 2nd iteration ng CaRMS sa Family Medicine Program ng Manitoba at Saskatchewan. Tumawag ako sa Program Admin tungkol sa selection criteria nila at ang lumabas sa usapan, importante na mag-karon ng Canadian clinical experience. Sa mga IMGs na di pinalad ipanganak sa commonwealth countries, ang ibig sabihin nito ay pagiging 'clinical trainee'. Extern ang tawag sa ibang province, gaya din sa US.Kailangan makahanap ka ng supervising physician. Dapat fully registered. Tapos kailangan mo mag-secure ng educational license mula sa College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. May bayad na $125. Pagkatapos nun, kailangan mo magkaron ng medical practice insurance (karaniwang sa Canadian Medical Protection Association kinukuha). Ayon sa CaRMS info mula sa University of Manitoba Family Medicine program, minimum of 2 weeks ang kailangan. Pero syempre kung gusto mo mag-pa-impress haba-habaan mo pa. Ang siste lang, wala 'tong bayad kaya dapt full support si mister o misis, as the case may be. AT no less than 3 supervising physicians, kasi ang mra residency program sa CaRMS nag-rerequire ng 3 references, preferably physicians at mas-impressive kapag faculty ng training hospital. Magsisimula ako ng clinical traineeship sa January 9 (sa Lunes) at balak ko na ituloy-tuloy hanggang makapasok sa residency. Maximum of 3 years lang ang educational license.Balak ko din suongin na ang qe2 sa spring at palarin din sana na mapiling isa sa mga magra-write ng NAC-OSCE itong darating na March. Higit sa lahat sana palarin ako na ma-match nitong taon 2012 o 2013 at sa sunod na mag-post ako sa PinoyMD, residente na ako. Para nman kahit papano magkaron ng pag-asa ang lahat ng umaasam na magamit ulit ang titulong duktor dito sa bayang dinayo natin.

#130 braixmd

braixmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi Guys,

I am a PinoyMD as well currently residing here in Halifax, NS. I ended up here because of my parents who decided to immigrate shortly after I finished med school. Luckily I was able to finish my internship and take the boards before permanently moving here. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to do residency yet. And on top of that, information regarding the MCC exams where not readily available online at that time. Thankfully I have finished all the MCC exams and now have the LMCC. Will be taking the NAC-OSCE this August though to make my application for carms more competetive. Sometimes I sit around and really think long and hard why I am here in the first place. I was side-tracked for a bit as life took over my priorities. Hopefully this time, makapasok na sa residency at makapagpraktis na ulit bilang duktor.

More power to all Pinoys here in Canada!

#131 drzet

drzet

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hello!

Any advice/tips sa job hunting sa mga kapwa nating MDs na nandito sa Toronto. 1 month na ako dito at wala pa ako job. Kahit nga survival jobs ok na din siguro muna. Temporary lang naman while Im waiting sa assessment ng CNO. Pagiging nurse ang long term plan ko, mukang mas attainable.

#132 markfreak

markfreak

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

doc, try mo hanap dito http://www.jobbank.g...Id=06&OpPage=50

#133 irishbluemargarita

irishbluemargarita

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hi pinoy MD's sino ngayon ang nasa BC? Nandto na kami ng hubby ko sa Vancouver, we would like to meet you guys!

#134 Unlimited

Unlimited

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Daming backlog ng Canadian Government.

#135 Amused

Amused

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

After 2 years and 7 months since arriving in Canada, I finally got accepted to Family Medicine residency training. Yey! So the good news is that there is a chance to get into medical practice.

#136 Amused

Amused

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi pinoy MD's sino ngayon ang nasa BC? Nandto na kami ng hubby ko sa Vancouver, we would like to meet you guys!

Hi Irishbluemargarita. I live in BC and there is a BC Pinoy MD group. Most of the 37 members live in Vancouver. Look up the facebook page. 

#137 braixmd

braixmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Amused,

Congratulations!! One of a few IMGs who got into residency. As for me, di pinalad and meron din kasing family medical emergency so i guess di muna inadya ng Diyos na makapasok ng resdiency para maalagaan si inay.

Good luck and God bless with residency! Balitaan mo kami!

Braix

#138 Amused

Amused

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Amused,

Congratulations!! One of a few IMGs who got into residency. As for me, di pinalad and meron din kasing family medical emergency so i guess di muna inadya ng Diyos na makapasok ng resdiency para maalagaan si inay.

Good luck and God bless with residency! Balitaan mo kami!

Braix

Salamat Braix! Ganyan talaga ang buhay, pero 'wag kang sumuko (dramatic! :rolleyes:  ). Lahat ng 'to makes the tatse of success sweeter, ika nga. Palagay ko the next couple of years will be the easiest years for IMGs to get into residency. Good luck at God bless din! Raise the flag!  :flag:

#139 busyRS

busyRS

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Doctors, pa advise naman po. Pabalik kami ng kapatid ko sa Pinas (sa October sana, for November 2nd sem) para tapusin med school. Ilang buwan kami allowed kaya ng asa labas ng Canada habang tinatapos med? current 3rd year med student ako at 2nd year naman kapatid ko.

Nasa Calgary, AB pala kami ngayon

#140 fenella64

fenella64

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

After 2 years and 7 months since arriving in Canada, I finally got accepted to Family Medicine residency training. Yey! So the good news is that there is a chance to get into medical practice.

Congrats!

I'm getting MCCEE this spring, kaya ngarag na uli sa kakareview :ninja: Hopefully, tuloy tuloy ko na kunin ang exams.

Plan ko din pumasok sa Family Medicine. Need ba talaga itake ang QE1 and QE2? Sorry ha, medyo at lost ako.

Kindly advice naman pano makapsok sa clinical traineeship. Thanks!

PS. IMG in Manitoba :tongue:

#141 Amused

Amused

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hindi

Congrats!

I'm getting MCCEE this spring, kaya ngarag na uli sa kakareview :ninja: Hopefully, tuloy tuloy ko na kunin ang exams.

Plan ko din pumasok sa Family Medicine. Need ba talaga itake ang QE1 and QE2? Sorry ha, medyo at lost ako.

Kindly advice naman pano makapsok sa clinical traineeship. Thanks!

PS. IMG in Manitoba :tongue:

Hindi required for CaRMS match pero consider your competition and the fact that only about 10% of IMGs are able to get residency every year. Kung ayaw mong mag QE1 and 2, killer dapat and EE  and OSCE scores mo plus outstanding medschool grades, preferably may awards, impressive clinical experience. What I'm saying is, you need every edge against the competition. Don't know if there is clinical traineeship in Manitoba. Observerships yata meron. If you have previous residency in the Philippines, I think Manitoba has a program for supervised practice leading to independent practice.

#142 fenella64

fenella64

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hindi

Hindi required for CaRMS match pero consider your competition and the fact that only about 10% of IMGs are able to get residency every year. Kung ayaw mong mag QE1 and 2, killer dapat and EE  and OSCE scores mo plus outstanding medschool grades, preferably may awards, impressive clinical experience. What I'm saying is, you need every edge against the competition. Don't know if there is clinical traineeship in Manitoba. Observerships yata meron. If you have previous residency in the Philippines, I think Manitoba has a program for supervised practice leading to independent practice.

Thanks for all the info!

Just finished MCCEE, hay salamat!

#143 irishbluemargarita

irishbluemargarita

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hi Irishbluemargarita. I live in BC and there is a BC Pinoy MD group. Most of the 37 members live in Vancouver. Look up the facebook page. 

After 1 year, ngayon lang ulit ako nakapasyal sa forum na ito, so now ko lang nabasa ang message Amused! congratulations! I've been a member of BC pinoy MD in fb and wondering we could have you in our christmas party for some inspiration.

I havent started my exams yet but pinalad naman me magkaron ng work as a medical assistant in a clinic. Me and my husband are loving our life here so far kahit hindi pa kami doctor. Kaya for those who want to immigrate, don't hesitate to see beyond the horizon.

#144 achillesmd

achillesmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

Hi docs. I'm new to this forum. I graduated from UERM in 2002 and have since worked as a GP. I am currently based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since 2007.  Anyone of you guys applying for the Canadian FSW 2014 opening for doctors? I'm presently applying on my own. I will be needing a lot of good advice regarding the application process so if there's anyone out there who can help or guide me, I would be very thankful. I have already sent my SVR and awaiting my ECA report come September during which time, all my other documents should have been accomplished and ready for mailing to the CIO. Thank you and more power to us all, Pinoy MDs. :clap:

Edited by achillesmd, 05 June 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#145 achillesmd

achillesmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

Hi everyone. It's been a month since I've landed here in Alberta. Now I'm back to ground zero, jobless but still searching and hoping to find one. Too bad I came at a recession. Came to Canada on our own, with no other relatives living here but only a handful of friends living throughout Canada. Don't really care if I end up as an MD here in Canada or not as long as my family is here with me, safe and secure, and as long as I'll be able to provide for them adequately thru simple, honest to goodness jobs. In this time and age, I put my family first before my career and I know some of you can relate. Wish you all well.  :laugh2:

#146 busyRS

busyRS

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

Hello Dr. AchillesMD

Welcome!

Yes wrong timing at recession nga. Kelan kayo nag land ng Family mo? totoo na mahirap tumalikod sa first love at una muna ang family dapat :)

Came here right after med school. di pa nga nakapag internship

#147 alvinezra

alvinezra

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hello Doctors. Can anyone predict until when the recession last? Im planning to go there with my family next year. Any advise or thoughts about the express entry pathway? I already did the initial assessment online and the result said that I can apply thru express entry. Thanks.

#148 busyRS

busyRS

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:45 AM

Hello Dr. Alvinezra, hindi ako expert pero sa personal kong opinion, mukhang hindi pa matatapos ito soon. Ang isa pa sa problema ay sa tingin ng gobyerno ditto ay hindi under recession ang Canada. In denial ika nga. pero iba ang sinasabi ng presyo ng Canadian oil, na isa sa mga economic indicator ng Canada.

Pero hindi ito dapat maging hindrance sa pag apply niyo papunta ditto.. Dapat lang maging ready sa magiging outcome

#149 alvinezra

alvinezra

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:59 AM

Hello Dr. Alvinezra, hindi ako expert pero sa personal kong opinion, mukhang hindi pa matatapos ito soon. Ang isa pa sa problema ay sa tingin ng gobyerno ditto ay hindi under recession ang Canada. In denial ika nga. pero iba ang sinasabi ng presyo ng Canadian oil, na isa sa mga economic indicator ng Canada.

Pero hindi ito dapat maging hindrance sa pag apply niyo papunta ditto.. Dapat lang maging ready sa magiging outcome

Thanks busyRS for the advise

#150 spuipt1

spuipt1

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

Hi! I'm a canadian citizen and I plan to go back to Canada after med school. Is there anyone on here who could maybe offer insights