1475 replies to this topic

#1 saykiatrist

saykiatrist

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

- How much will we be spending for the tuition fee and the books/other academic needs?
- How is the PBL curriculum there? Has it been effective in giving students the information they need to become good doctors (and to pass the board exam)?
- How is the learning experience there?

If there are any CIM students/graduates in PinoyMD.com, and if you can orient us a little more about the said school, it would be GREAT help. Thank you!

~ CIM-students-to-be

#2 TUVILLA_M.D.

TUVILLA_M.D.

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

- How much will we be spending for the tuition fee and the books/other academic needs?
- How is the PBL curriculum there? Has it been effective in giving students the information they need to become good doctors (and to pass the board exam)?

If there are any CIM students/graduates in PinoyMD.com, and if you can orient us a little more about the said school, it would be GREAT help. Thank you!

~ CIM-students-to-be

I would say back in my time it's 100 percent passing rate. Sort of you are a "Top Gun" outside of Manila if you're a graduate of this school. But i couldn't answer you with regards to expenses. Endroll in CIM and you will not regret it. Be a graduate of this school and you belong to the best of the best.

#3 countmein

countmein

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:08 AM

i have seen CIM graduates compete with students in manila during research presentation and i can say that they are good doctors in my opinion. nakikipagsabayan kasi sila dun sa mga tiga U.P nung time na yun e. kung malapit lang ako sa cebu baka nagpass din ako ng application dun.

#4 dokyu

dokyu

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:35 AM

~ CIM-students-to-be

--------

CIM is a very good school... It was able to maintain its 100% passing rate for 5 consecutive board exams (Feb 2007 - Feb 2009)..

#5 saykiatrist

saykiatrist

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

Thanks!

Is the school's PBL system effective?

And are we allowed to do our post-graduate internship outside of the CIM hospitals?

#6 kirk_elemental

kirk_elemental

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

What do you mean by effective? In terms of what?

#7 TUVILLA_M.D.

TUVILLA_M.D.

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

I assumed it's effective considering the performance of its graduates. And you can have your PGI outside of the school-hospital itself.

#8 saykiatrist

saykiatrist

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

Effective in terms of producing graduates/doctors who are prepared to compete/work with those from other schools.

#9 tudgybeybeh

tudgybeybeh

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

yes i guess its effective, katulad ng sabi ni doc tuvilla, based on the performances of CIM graduates. consistent 100% sa board exam. During our time, many CIM grads came to Cebu Doctors Hospital for PGI. And magagaling tlga sila. =)

#10 waffle

waffle

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

~ CIM-students-to-be

Hi there, regarding the tuition fee.. it's more or less the same with other Med schools. During our time, we pay for our tution fee in cash and once only per semester, that is, during enrollment.

Regarding the PBL curriculum, it worked for me. You just have to have discipline. According to our dean before, "EAT MEDICINE, DRINK MEDICINE, BREATH MEDICINE, TALK MEDICINE". Toxic noh? But it's very effective.. 100% passing since PBL was started.

#11 tudgybeybeh

tudgybeybeh

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

but its cheaper in cebu than med schools in Metro Manila. Back in 2001, we started at around 45K ata per sem. That's Cebu Doc. And I heard CIM was more expensive by a thousand or two. And that time, FEU was around 50-55K.

#12 dokyu

dokyu

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:25 AM

but its cheaper in cebu than med schools in Metro Manila. Back in 2001, we started at around 45K ata per sem. That's Cebu Doc. And I heard CIM was more expensive by a thousand or two. And that time, FEU was around 50-55K.

-----

how much n ba tuition ng CIM ngayon?

#13 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

anybody here planning to enroll for cim?shoot me a msg.thanks!

#14 giancarlo

giancarlo

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

me =)

#15 djchrim

djchrim

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

me as well... dungan ta ninyo ug apply na =) may ta ma dawat ta ninyo para magka classmate ta =)

#16 ian

ian

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:41 AM

Hey, when is the deadline for CIM applications? Pwede through mail mag apply sa CIM? Or dapat personal appearance jud? From Cagayan de Oro City here, plan to apply to CIM as well. Hehe.

#17 meako

meako

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

hi.... ano po latest nmat cut-off ng cim?

#18 meako

meako

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

wen po deadline ng application sa cim? at ano po ang latest nmat cut-off?
thanks in advance!! :)

#19 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:59 AM

hi guys, ive read your replies just now.am so into CIM so should anyone know the latest itsy-bitsy infos regarding the school's admission,SCHOLARSHIPS and some,please let me know.fyi, am too from northmin, somewhere in the mountains of bukidnon. incase everything will work out for me soon(hopefully!),sabay ta apply CIM guys...godbless us!

#20 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

ian and meako,its best if ul check out their site:-)

#21 vladz_helsing

vladz_helsing

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

I'm from Baguio,and I hope to have CIM as my review spot someday..Sayang, don't have the chance to go for school there..Pero sa review,pwedeng pwede na ata..hehe..I wanna be a part of the 100% passing rate tradition..aw..Good luck to you guys!!CIM aspirants..

#22 zaxarive

zaxarive

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:21 AM

biancs, akala ko sa XU ka nagmed.. premed mo dun? guuys, 40percent ang nmat cut-off ng cim.. :)

#23 meako

meako

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

biancs, akala ko sa XU ka nagmed.. premed mo dun? guuys, 40percent ang nmat cut-off ng cim.. :)

hi... ask ang friend ko if sure na raw na 40 nmat cut-off ng cim ngayon? kasi may nkapagsabi dw sa kanya na around 60 or 65 na.... gusto niya sana mgapply sa cim kaso hindi abot ng 65 nmat niya....

#24 djchrim

djchrim

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

hi... ask ang friend ko if sure na raw na 40 nmat cut-off ng cim ngayon? kasi may nkapagsabi dw sa kanya na around 60 or 65 na.... gusto niya sana mgapply sa cim kaso hindi abot ng 65 nmat niya....

may nag sabi sa akin na ok lang daw... hindi sila masyado particular with regards sa nmat score. they are more into your determination to study in cim... so pagbutihin nalang natin pag dating sa interview kasi dun daw talaga sila nag coconcentrate if we are indeed worthy to be a student of cim.

#25 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

hehe yeah,premed lang.im a bsbio graduate from there.sorry got u mislead..

#26 zaxarive

zaxarive

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

may nag sabi sa akin na ok lang daw... hindi sila masyado particular with regards sa nmat score. they are more into your determination to study in cim... so pagbutihin nalang natin pag dating sa interview kasi dun daw talaga sila nag coconcentrate if we are indeed worthy to be a student of cim.

sa pagkaka alam ko..40 tlga.. i agree, d cla mxdo particular sa nmat..more on grades and interview.. malamang dahil ang nmat ay ndi sukatan kung ikaw ay magiging isang mgaling na doktor.. :) opinion lng po..

#27 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

wow,u caught me on that...thats so inspiring really.lets just do our best...

#28 ian

ian

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:39 AM

Does anyone know much is the tuition at CIM?

#29 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:47 AM

huh?hmmm,what ive known is cim has a 40 nmat cut-off..though they havent indicated on their site regarding about it.lets just see about that.keep ur msgs coming guys...

#30 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:52 AM

last time i checked, it's around 50thou-70thou per sem.

#31 zaxarive

zaxarive

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:57 AM

the last time i inquired around 53k cla.. pero mag iincrease daw cla dis year.. :)

#32 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

the last time i inquired around 53k cla.. pero mag iincrease daw cla dis year.. :)

i see...thanks sa info:-)

#33 ian

ian

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:46 AM

Thanks rin. :)

#34 dan.t

dan.t

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

wow, for 50K they're almost the same as UPCM. and cebu's cheaper compared to manila.

#35 vladz_helsing

vladz_helsing

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

wow, for 50K they're almost the same as UPCM. and cebu's cheaper compared to manila.

Add up the 100%passin rate tradition of CIM..nice kaayu!!lagi..Happy sinulog didtu sa sugbu..

#36 phoenix_24

phoenix_24

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

anyone here who has an info. regarding CIM?
pwede na po ba magpass ng requirements dun at kelan deadline? d2 kc ako sa laguna and i'm planning to go to cebu on February pa..

#37 phoenix_24

phoenix_24

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

sa pagkaka alam ko..40 tlga.. i agree, d cla mxdo particular sa nmat..more on grades and interview.. malamang dahil ang nmat ay ndi sukatan kung ikaw ay magiging isang mgaling na doktor.. :) opinion lng po..
[/quote]

talaga po?? waaaa.. i'm so happy.. super dooper thanks tlga.. i got 49 kc.. eh MCU and CIM ang gusto ko applyan.. kelan po ung deadline sa CIM? i plan to go sa CIM sa February pa.. d2 kc ako sa Laguna, ang layo.. ^_^

#38 phoenix_24

phoenix_24

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

talaga po?? waaaa.. i'm so happy.. super dooper thanks tlga.. i got 49 kc.. eh MCU and CIM ang gusto ko applyan.. kelan po ung deadline sa CIM? i plan to go sa CIM sa February pa.. d2 kc ako sa Laguna, ang layo.. ^_^

#39 meako

meako

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

if you want you could download the application form sa website nila..... pero kailangan pa rin siguro personal mgpass ng mga requirements.....
ang nakalagay sa website nila na deadline of submission ng application ay may16..... but i think they haven't updated their website yet coz the year they stated for last day of interview is 2008 pa....heheh but more or less siguro by may pa rin deadline nila.... but to be safe, try to complete the requirements na lang by march or april.....^_^

#40 phoenix_24

phoenix_24

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

if you want you could download the application form sa website nila..... pero kailangan pa rin siguro personal mgpass ng mga requirements.....
ang nakalagay sa website nila na deadline of submission ng application ay may16..... but i think they haven't updated their website yet coz the year they stated for last day of interview is 2008 pa....heheh but more or less siguro by may pa rin deadline nila.... but to be safe, try to complete the requirements na lang by march or april.....^_^

thanks a bunch!! :)

#41 biancs

biancs

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

right right;-)

#42 redhans

redhans

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:35 AM

weee... hehehe cnu cnu ba mag.CIM? CIM din ako mag med... kitakits.. ano mga names nyo?

#43 redhans

redhans

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

ei mate... cno cno ang matuloy mag CIM? naka.apply na kayo? ano mga names nyo? im from davao.. CIM ako mag med :D

#44 earthpoly

earthpoly

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:21 AM

di pa ako naka apply, sa april pa cguro! Im from Davao rin :)

#45 earthpoly

earthpoly

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:43 AM

weee... hehehe cnu cnu ba mag.CIM? CIM din ako mag med... kitakits.. ano mga names nyo?

nakasubmit nakayo application? Meron pa palang essay :)

#46 redhans

redhans

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

yup may essay pa... anu premed mo earthpoly ? wat skul? :D

#47 redhans

redhans

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:15 AM

good thing bout cim hanggang may pa ang application hehehe... ako between march 11-18 ako magpa sked for interview.... :D

#48 meako

meako

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

oo may essay.... hindi pa nga ako nkasubmit ng application, tinatamad pa ako mganswer sa essay part....hahah

#49 redhans

redhans

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

ei.. meako wat premed mo? wat skul? kitakits sa CIM :D

#50 earthpoly

earthpoly

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group