2 replies to this topic

#1 Cinny

Cinny

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:18 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Cinn. I passed the PLE last September 2016. After non, I applied for residency training. I got accepted before I could apply to another institution so I stayed na. To be honest, this is the specialization that I have always dreamed of. And 10 years from now I can see myself being a consultant of my chosen field. I'd rather not say kung saan ako ngayon na institution. But my problem is, I am now thinking of quitting. I have had this feeling since February. The reason? I feel like my training is inadequate. I feel like I cannot maximize my full potential here. I am working hard and I have a lot to learn pa pero parang may kulang. I know the saying na "It's not the pen. It's the person writing" and similar quotes pero I really have been trying hard and something just doesn't feel right. I know that there is no perfect training. But I'm thinking kasi that I'll never know if I'll be happier somewhere else if I don't try. I don't want to be branded as a quitter. And sayang din naman kasi one year ko dito. Kaso kasi I really think it's time to go.
Ang problema ko,
> what are the chances that another institution would accept me as their resident? I'm scared that they'll disregard my application because of that. Or na bababa tingin nila sakin. For sure they'll ask me why I quit. I can't just say pangit yung training. That would affect the institution and consultants. And kahit may kakulangan, I have learned a lot naman, so I am thankful.
> magagalit siguro yung consultants and co residents ko kung san ako manggaling. But if and when I quit, I can't just tell them na hindi ako nagggrow kaya ako magkuquit right? What is the best reason that i can say to them ng di sila maooffend or magtatanim?
>is it better to be honest sa exit interview and applicant interview?
>is there anyone here who have had the same problem?
>any advice please?

I really need help. :'(

Edited by Cinny, 13 August 2017 - 05:04 AM.

#2 zanekevin

zanekevin

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

Yes maraming magagalit. Yes mahirap maghanap ng lateral entry.

Inadequate ang training or you are waiting for someone to train you? Madidisappoint ka kung maghihintay ka. Read and make your own reviewer. I made a 16-page fluids reviewer for myself... 11 pages on blood gas, 20 pages on chest xray and so on. Bawat reviewer na tinype ko ilang libro ang binasa ko. Kung interested kang matuto matututo ka kahit walang magturo sayo... But if on top of not teaching ay wala ka pang time to study on your own then don't waste your time and transfer

#3 Spring Time

Spring Time

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:48 PM

I understand pero sayang kung hindi mo tatapusin yung first year dyan.
Try to finish 1st year dyan and apply for lateral entry samin. 
PTP: IM residency
What: Open IM residency
When: Apply now
Where: DMMC Tanauan Batangas (1 hour drive from Manila)
Why: We are family and we need you as one of our children.
Call/text: 0933-855-9338
e-mail: imresidency@yahoo.com
Requirements: application letter, PRC license, diploma, PRC scores, TOR, certificate of good moral, recommendation letter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: residency, training, quit, advice