14 replies to this topic

#1 Nightrose07

Nightrose07

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

Hello guys .. kindly share some info about the newly built college of med ..thank u

#2 Nightrose07

Nightrose07

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

Like what are their tuition fee ? Their curriculum? Thanks in advance

#3 Nightrose07

Nightrose07

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:12 AM

I have gather some info about the tuition for first yr per sem .. its 96K .. but to be sure .. try to call their admission 😊

#4 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:06 AM

Hi all!  :rolleyes:

Metropolitan Medical Center is located at Masangkay St. Recto and is currently open for application :) 

Their tuition fee is at more or less 96k+. Heard that although it's quite new pa they excel at teaching na hehehe. I actually applied there and got accepted already. =))) For those na medyo di kaya ng mataas na tuition but really wants to pursue medicine, I think it's a great school.  :hearts:

Btw, their dean is a former dean of FEU ata (i've heard). If you have inquiries, you can ask me hehehe medyo madami na kong natanong about the school.  :laugh2:

#5 Nightrose07

Nightrose07

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hi. When did u apply? And what is the nmat score required? Is the application still ongoing?

#6 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

Hi. When did u apply? And what is the nmat score required? Is the application still ongoing?

Hi! If I remembered correctly, I applied last March  :rolleyes:  They require 50% or higher NMAT and the application is still ongoing :)

#7 Trafalgar.Law.MD

Trafalgar.Law.MD

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Pano po ung mga units sa mga pre requisite subjects? kailangan mo b ma satisfy un??

#8 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

Pano po ung mga units sa mga pre requisite subjects? kailangan mo b ma satisfy un??

Ay, regarding that hindi ko siya natanong nung application sorry. You can try calling the admission para ma enlighten ka with that. :) Yung number nila is 2541111 local 7152 😀

#9 AriadneMD

AriadneMD

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hi, I received an invitation to enroll via email & here are the details:

1.curriculum is outcome based with focus on public health.

2.affiliations are with Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center and other renown tertiary and specialty hospitals. The Metropolitan Medical Center, is our base hospital. It has a Post Graduate Internship Program, and specialty and sub specialty training (some areas).

3. school fees for the coming semester is about 98,000 pesos. Entrance scholarships to graduates with Latin honors offered.

4.School will only admit 80 students for the coming school year, 2017-2018, which will start in August.

#10 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Hi, I received an invitation to enroll via email & here are the details:

1.curriculum is outcome based with focus on public health.

2.affiliations are with Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center and other renown tertiary and specialty hospitals. The Metropolitan Medical Center, is our base hospital. It has a Post Graduate Internship Program, and specialty and sub specialty training (some areas).

3. school fees for the coming semester is about 98,000 pesos. Entrance scholarships to graduates with Latin honors offered.

4.School will only admit 80 students for the coming school year, 2017-2018, which will start in August.

Hello! Did you apply as well? :)

#11 MD0615

MD0615

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

Hello scarmd! Do you know kung how is the grading system at MMC? Are they having a semestral grading or yearly? What I mean is if they have yearly subjects like physiology, do they receive the grades after the first sem or do they receive na after the whole year? Thanks! :)

Hi all!  :rolleyes:

Metropolitan Medical Center is located at Masangkay St. Recto and is currently open for application :)

Their tuition fee is at more or less 96k+. Heard that although it's quite new pa they excel at teaching na hehehe. I actually applied there and got accepted already. =))) For those na medyo di kaya ng mataas na tuition but really wants to pursue medicine, I think it's a great school.  :hearts:

Btw, their dean is a former dean of FEU ata (i've heard). If you have inquiries, you can ask me hehehe medyo madami na kong natanong about the school.  :laugh2:

#12 MD0615

MD0615

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:56 AM

Thinking of applying at MMC too. I also received an invitation from them to enroll. And btw do you know kung ilang students ang first year and second year nila? Thank you.

#13 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hello scarmd! Do you know kung how is the grading system at MMC? Are they having a semestral grading or yearly? What I mean is if they have yearly subjects like physiology, do they receive the grades after the first sem or do they receive na after the whole year? Thanks! :)

Hi! From what I've heard from a student there, yung grading system nila depends upon the subject. Meaning, yung ibang subjects nila is semestral yung pagbibigay ng grades while may ibang subjects sila na yearly yung grading like what you've mention (Physiology). Plus 75% din yung passing nila for most of their subjects :) 

#14 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Thinking of applying at MMC too. I also received an invitation from them to enroll. And btw do you know kung ilang students ang first year and second year nila? Thank you.

Apply na! Hehehe  :rolleyes:  You mean yung first year as of now? 21 students sila ngayon. Yung second year naman is more or less 20 students din.  :laugh2: Btw, nung nagapply ako which is last March pa pang 38 na ko na applicant so I'm guessing mas madaming students ngayon if ever. 

#15 scarmd

scarmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 AM

Hi all! :) Just wanna ask if anyone here is sure ng mag eenroll sa MMC and is looking for a room mate? I'm looking for a place to stay kasi. Para sana if ever na may mahanap ng room/apartment makapag share nalang tayo para makamura sa rent hehehe :)