#1 thirdkill

thirdkill

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

hello. need advice. 

currently ofw pero pauwi na ako jan sa atin sa isang araw! (yehey!) (over-baggage pero try ko kayo mabigyan ng pasalubong)

i missed the nmat para ngayong october kasi di pa ako makauwi ng mas maaga nuon. wala pa din nakalagay sa CEM kung kelan next na nmat. parang sa april pa ata. 

dunno kung mag review class pa ako pagdating pero gusto ko sana magwork muna ulit kahit part-time hanggang before ng AY2016. 

ang meron lang ako is naipon na pampaaral ng sarili at determination. kaya lang in the months leading to the start of the school year baka mapadami ako ng kain at inom hehe andami ko namiss sa pinas e.

dalawa lang choice ko na school. feu and olfu.

what do you guys think?

#2 ocrap

ocrap

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:31 AM

Hi! Review materials from CEM will suffice. Lots of stock knowledge, esp in the Sciences, are desirable. FEU > OLFU, because in residency programs, the School has bearing. There are a lot of great Fatima MDs, but truth be told, the reputation is not too good. This could bear an effect if ever you are planning to undertake specialty/residency training, esp in über competitive areas (Surgery, Dermatology, Ophtha, etc.)

#3 chpp0325

chpp0325

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hi guys! My name is Chul and Im looking to join the "foreign" class at OLFU med school. Im actually pure Filipino but I'm a permanent resident which qualifies me for the said program. I would appreciate it if you can share with me your experiences with the program. Namely, how it prepared you for the USMLE. Also, I heard that the 4th year clerkship program here in the States would last for only 2-3 months. Does that mean we would have to return to the Philippines to complete the clerkship? Your answers and advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

#4 mikelodeon

mikelodeon

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

Hi guys! My name is Chul and Im looking to join the "foreign" class at OLFU med school. Im actually pure Filipino but I'm a permanent resident which qualifies me for the said program. I would appreciate it if you can share with me your experiences with the program. Namely, how it prepared you for the USMLE. Also, I heard that the 4th year clerkship program here in the States would last for only 2-3 months. Does that mean we would have to return to the Philippines to complete the clerkship? Your answers and advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

I am too Permanent resident but in Canada.. I would liek to enroll to OLFU.. but if it is 2-3 months clerkship program.. I would rather go to cheap carribean school.. Im plannig St James school of med.. 2 years in the island for lectures.. and the Clinicals (internship and clerkship) are all in the states...

the 2-3 months clerkship.. is not clerkship.. its elective.. what would OLFU make a difference for Foreign students and Local Students... even a local students can get 2-3 months of elective in US and Canada as long as the school of medicine is in the World Directory of Medical Schools..