201 replies to this topic

#1 shaneMD

shaneMD

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

Hello future doctors! St Luke's College of Medicine will be having its annual Open House this September 26, 2015. If you're wondering how your life will be like in case you become a Lukan Med Student (which you will be convinced to be, haha), please register now! :) Limited slots available :)

NvwA9r.jpg

You may register at: www.tinyurl.com/OH2015reg

For more information, visit www.facebook.com/SLCMOpenHouse

#2 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:38 AM

I remember attending last year's Open House and realized then that I want to study in SLCM. :) Attend kayo guys, masaya yan. :D

#3 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:11 AM

Are they really strict with the >90 nmat score? I got 87 but i want to try here.

#4 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:30 AM

Are they really strict with the >90 nmat score? I got 87 but i want to try here.

Yes, strictly 90 and above NMAT%. Will you be retaking it this October? 

#5 coven27

coven27

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:54 AM

Hi. Exactly what needs to be 90 or up in the nmat? Does it mean every subject has to be 90? Or is it just the percentile rank that needs to be 90? 

#6 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Yes, strictly 90 and above NMAT%. Will you be retaking it this October? 

Hi. Yes!

#7 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:09 PM

Hi. Exactly what needs to be 90 or up in the nmat? Does it mean every subject has to be 90? Or is it just the percentile rank that needs to be 90? 

Percentile

#8 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:42 AM

The percentile rank, yes. :) 

#9 coven27

coven27

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

Thanks. I just took the nmat last Sunday.... waiting anxiously for the results  :ninja:

#10 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:09 AM

Thanks. I just took the nmat last Sunday.... waiting anxiously for the results  :ninja:

Me, too. I got 87 lang last november eh

#11 coven27

coven27

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:03 AM

Me, too. I got 87 lang last november eh

The difficult part for me was the time limit. Especially in part 1, the questions are ok but I felt I was rushing through each. No time to recheck the answers. Five minutes remaining I was still 15-20 questions to go. Shortly before time was up I was just shading randomly.lol. I felt bad about it. We'll, goodluck nalang satin. Anyway, when do they release the printed results? Was it the "Regular" testing or the "Backup" we just took?

#12 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

The difficult part for me was the time limit. Especially in part 1, the questions are ok but I felt I was rushing through each. No time to recheck the answers. Five minutes remaining I was still 15-20 questions to go. Shortly before time was up I was just shading randomly.lol. I felt bad about it. We'll, goodluck nalang satin. Anyway, when do they release the printed results? Was it the "Regular" testing or the "Backup" we just took?

Don't worry, ang alam ko they'll normalize the scores naman. After 6 weeks ata?

#13 raeine

raeine

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hi! Anyone here who submitted their application requirement?  :laugh2:

#14 vee88vee

vee88vee

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

hello. newbie here. any thoughts on my chances for a scholarship? my situation is this: nmat >90, cum laude (nursing from ust), taken up extra units for math and physics in another school, but my bio units is only 14 (vs the minimal req of 15). however i was hoping they'd consider the subunits under my major subjects, which i think is somehow bio related like communicable disease or med surgical nursing? all other units for chem, physics, social sciences already complete. another factor i fear they might question is my age. i'm now 28 and no longer a fresh grad. any thoughts and tips on how i should proceed?

#15 Chievera

Chievera

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

Same situation po with vee8vee, kulang po kasi ako ng 3units sa math, pano po kaya yun?

#16 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

I got 91 in NMAT. 2.3 GWA and excellent Extra co act during college. Do I have a good chance?

#17 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:39 AM

hello. newbie here. any thoughts on my chances for a scholarship? my situation is this: nmat >90, cum laude (nursing from ust), taken up extra units for math and physics in another school, but my bio units is only 14 (vs the minimal req of 15). however i was hoping they'd consider the subunits under my major subjects, which i think is somehow bio related like communicable disease or med surgical nursing? all other units for chem, physics, social sciences already complete. another factor i fear they might question is my age. i'm now 28 and no longer a fresh grad. any thoughts and tips on how i should proceed?

Hi, Ate Mav here from Batch 2020. I mean, first year from SLCM. If you want, you can consult the registrar naman. Don't worry, they are one of the most accommodating people; they are really nice. ^_^ Seeyah next year!

#18 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:47 AM

I got 91 in NMAT. 2.3 GWA and excellent Extra co act during college. Do I have a good chance?

Is 2.3 equivalent to 85%.. I think they are strict with 90+ NMAT percentile. Don't know if 85% GWA counts, because most of my classmates are cum laude's, MCL, and SCL. ^_^ But believe me, I am not a laude (just a typical student, wee!) but I went in. Just ace the interview, and you'll get in. ^_^

#19 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:49 AM

Same situation po with vee8vee, kulang po kasi ako ng 3units sa math, pano po kaya yun?

You can take it on summer naman, if ever hindi nag-acad shift yung school nyo. Or ask the registrar. E-mail them. ^_^ Nagrereply naman sila, don't worry.

#20 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

Is 2.3 equivalent to 85%.. I think they are strict with 90+ NMAT percentile. Don't know if 85% GWA counts, because most of my classmates are cum laude's, MCL, and SCL. ^_^ But believe me, I am not a laude (just a typical student, wee!) but I went in. Just ace the interview, and you'll get in. ^_^

what'sthe mean nmat score usually po ba? Meron bang ~90-93 na naaccept? :) I got relieved na 90+ naman ako pero it's only 91 kaya I'm worried pa rin.

#21 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:03 AM

what'sthe mean nmat score usually po ba? Meron bang ~90-93 na naaccept? :) I got relieved na 90+ naman ako pero it's only 91 kaya I'm worried pa rin.

Don't worry. 92 po ang percentile ko. ^_^ and i went in! Think positive lang. Kaya yan.

#22 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

I knew someone na 90ish yung nmat nya and classmate ko na xa ngayon..

#23 coven27

coven27

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

Ate blessedhandsMD about po sa interview. Should we study anything? I mean apart from the usual personal questions will they be asking academic-style questions like those in the Nmat? Hehe worried lang po.

#24 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:25 AM

@coven27 most of the interview questions are non-scientific; basic interview: reasons for medical education, financial support, etc; actually it depends on the panel. Plus they would ask you if you have extra-curricular activities in your undergrad. Holistic kasi ang environment ng st lukes. ^_^ If ever you had your thesis, maybe some would ask you to tell something about it (since the med school is also gearing towards research). Ayun. Tips: 1. Eat a NICE breakfast. 2. Be yourself; we can be confident and at the same time, honest. 3. Pray (THIS worked for me) 4. Look into the interviewer's eyes to establish rapport. ( I said "look", not "glare", not "stare"). 5. Don't be late on the day of the interview.

That's all. ^_^ God bless you!

Edited by blessedhandsMD, 06 December 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#25 coven27

coven27

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

Salamat po, I hope I get the call.

#26 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

@coven27, i have a classmate who is 27 y.o. and already married. The choice is up to you po. Show them you really want to be in the med school. ^_^

#27 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

@coven27, i have a classmate who is 27 y.o. and already married. The choice is up to you po. Show them you really want to be in the med school. ^_^

#28 katkatkat

katkatkat

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

Hello po. tumatanggap po ba sila ng retake? May natanggap na po bang nagretake? :) di po kasi umabot sa 90 ung percentile ko po :( Thank you po :)

#29 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

Hello po. tumatanggap po ba sila ng retake? May natanggap na po bang nagretake? :) di po kasi umabot sa 90 ung percentile ko po :( Thank you po :)

Hhhhmmm. I am not sure. Kasi first thing nilang tinanong sa akin nung nag-apply ako ay NMAT result. I'll ask the reg this week if ever i come back sa dorm. ^_^ E-mail mo na lang sila. ^_^ Explain mo yung situation mo. For sure, magrereply naman sila eh.

#30 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

Hey there. I also got 91 and I was accepted. :) I do remember my interview went really well. So good luck! 

#31 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

Retake ng NMAT, you mean? Yes, of course. Just as long it's above 90 and there are slots left. :) 

#32 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:33 PM

Hey there. I also got 91 and I was accepted. :) I do remember my interview went really well. So good luck! 

Okay thank you. But i havent passed my application form yet. Next will be in January pa raw, do you think my chances are low na?

#33 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

I also passed mine for the second batch of applications and was still able to get in. Just pass it early na rin para ma-interview ka agad. :)

#34 France Louie Jutiz

France Louie Jutiz

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:53 AM

Hi guys, Batch 2020 here. About sa NMAT strict talaga sa 90 and above percentile. Kahit mga 90, 91, 92... NMAT percentile niyo okay lang yan, may mga kaklase kami na flat 90 ang NMAT, just do good with your academics and interview. About sa interview, be yourself lang talaga. Di mawawala ang tanong na "Why do you want to be a doctor?" Also may mga tanong about sa extra-curricular activities niyo nung college. Strength and weaknesses? How do you handle stress? Chill lang yung interview promise, wag kabahan and smile always. :) (wag creepy ha lol) Sa  scholarship naman, make sure na may Latin honors kayo when you graduate. And also make sure na makukumpleto niyo mga units required before the school year starts. :D

#35 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:19 AM

Sundin nyo advice ni @France Louie. Top 1 ng batch namin yan! Go classmate!

#36 vee88vee

vee88vee

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:23 PM

I think this advice is for me haha thanks po.

#37 vee88vee

vee88vee

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

Guys pwede po papost ng tuition fees ng st lukes per sem for the entire 5 yrs kahit estimates lang? Just so aspiring students like me know the figures involved. This will help us decide better. Para rin hindi kami gaano malula when the time comes. Thank you po.

#38 blessedhandsMD

blessedhandsMD

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Guys pwede po papost ng tuition fees ng st lukes per sem for the entire 5 yrs kahit estimates lang? Just so aspiring students like me know the figures involved. This will help us decide better. Para rin hindi kami gaano malula when the time comes. Thank you po.

Hhhmmm. Roughly 125k-130k per sem po. Pero pag scholar ka, free lahat yun, may libre ka pang libro! May gmail ka ba? Send ko sau pic nung tuition fees this year..

Edited by blessedhandsMD, 22 December 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#39 CharmDoctor

CharmDoctor

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

Good Day po. Gusto ko lang po sana magtanong kung pwede po bang mag-apply after March 31? Wala po kasi ako sa Philippines po ngayon and there's a possibility na April na po ako makauwi. And kung mag-aapply po ako after March 31, pwede pa po ba akong maging eligible sa scholarship? I graduated last year with honors po and yung NMAT po ay okay naman po. Thank you and God Bless po.  :bigheart:

#40 France Louie Jutiz

France Louie Jutiz

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:35 AM

Good Day po. Gusto ko lang po sana magtanong kung pwede po bang mag-apply after March 31? Wala po kasi ako sa Philippines po ngayon and there's a possibility na April na po ako makauwi. And kung mag-aapply po ako after March 31, pwede pa po ba akong maging eligible sa scholarship? I graduated last year with honors po and yung NMAT po ay okay naman po. Thank you and God Bless po.  :bigheart:

Hello. :) Pwede pa pero may additional pay. According to the SLCM website: http://stlukesmedcol...cation-process. For Local Applicants (after March 31, 2016) application fee is P 3,500 instead of 3000. And about sa scholarship I think basta maaga ka makapagenroll once na natanggap ka na or dapat makaabot ka sa 60 slots available for scholarship. Based sa last year, may mga scholars naman na galing from 2nd list of eligible applicants. Kailangan lang talagang maagap ka and also please coordinate to the College about your situation. :))

#41 CharmDoctor

CharmDoctor

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:42 AM

Hello. :) Pwede pa pero may additional pay. According to the SLCM website: http://stlukesmedcol...cation-process. For Local Applicants (after March 31, 2016) application fee is P 3,500 instead of 3000. And about sa scholarship I think basta maaga ka makapagenroll once na natanggap ka na or dapat makaabot ka sa 60 slots available for scholarship. Based sa last year, may mga scholars naman na galing from 2nd list of eligible applicants. Kailangan lang talagang maagap ka and also please coordinate to the College about your situation. :))

Merry Christmas France.  :bye: Salamat sa pagsagot sa aking katanungan. Yes I will, makipagcoordinate ako once na makauwi na ako. 

#42 racgarcia

racgarcia

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Hi! What are my chances of getting into SLCM?

UST Graduate

GWA: 2.07

NMAT: 91

Member of Varsity Council, Red Cross, and MMI (not active though)

No certificates 

Regarding my extracurricular activities, will it GREATLY affect my chances of getting into SLCM? Thank You!

#43 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

I'll pass my reqts tomorrow hayyy

#44 vee88vee

vee88vee

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

Hhhmmm. Roughly 125k-130k per sem po. Pero pag scholar ka, free lahat yun, may libre ka pang libro! May gmail ka ba? Send ko sau pic nung tuition fees this year..

I just went there in person to submit. Mejo same range pala with UST I guess, but the list is up to 3rd year only. If you guys have figures for the 4th and 5th yr I'd really appreciate it. 

#45 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

Did they start the interview yet?

#46 vee88vee

vee88vee

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

xandersy I'm still awaiting the call. (They called you yet?) When I passed my papers they said the interview starts around Feb, first or second week.

#47 xandersy

xandersy

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

xandersy I'm still awaiting the call. (They called you yet?) When I passed my papers they said the interview starts around Feb, first or second week.

No. When i called them sabi last week naman. Haha dunno ang gulo

#48 Kris05

Kris05

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

I just went there in person to submit. Mejo same range pala with UST I guess, but the list is up to 3rd year only. If you guys have figures for the 4th and 5th yr I'd really appreciate it. 

Current 4th year. 280k for the entire year. 30k lang for 5th year (internship). Mind you this is last year's tuition rates, so baka mas mataas ng kaunti this year.

#49 meredithgrey

meredithgrey

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

hi!! may scholarships po ba for incoming first yrs na below 1.75 ang grade pero 99 nmat? thanks!!! 😇😇😇

#50 Dvnnmrr

Dvnnmrr

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

Until when po ang app ng SLCM? Thanks!