6 replies to this topic

#1 gastric_bubble

gastric_bubble

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Several years ago, when I received my first salary, it felt like I was the happiest man on earth.

Yes, I know it is an exaggeration, and I received my humble salary as a resident. But at that time I thought it didn't matter. I just thought that it was "my own money".

I believed I should reward myself after all those years of hardships in Med school and internship. And so it happened.. I was in a buying spree!

I immediately bought some new clothes in a department of store. Then I bought a couple of PSP games. Oh yeah!

Now looking back, I realized how dumb and ignorant I was. And other doctors and doctors-to-be should not make the same mistake that I did.

To read more about what you should do first with your salary, read my article here:
http://www.glenmd.co...as-a-physician/

#2 verdandii

verdandii

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:45 AM

Though I'm still quite far from receiving my own salary as I will be starting medschool this July, your article was a good read! Thanks doc! :)

#3 gastric_bubble

gastric_bubble

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

It's never too early (and also never too late) learn basics of personal finance. Thank you for reading, and good luck on your journey in Medicine :-)

#4 quack_doctor

quack_doctor

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

ang gwapo mo sa drawing Glen. hehehe

#5 gastric_bubble

gastric_bubble

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

Thanks tin ;-) hehe

#6 mskestrada

mskestrada

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:08 AM

Several years ago, when I received my first salary, it felt like I was the happiest man on earth.

Yes, I know it is an exaggeration, and I received my humble salary as a resident. But at that time I thought it didn't matter. I just thought that it was "my own money".

I believed I should reward myself after all those years of hardships in Med school and internship. And so it happened.. I was in a buying spree!

I immediately bought some new clothes in a department of store. Then I bought a couple of PSP games. Oh yeah!

Now looking back, I realized how dumb and ignorant I was. And other doctors and doctors-to-be should not make the same mistake that I did.

To read more about what you should do first with your salary, read my article here:
http://www.glenmd.co...as-a-physician/

is this article still available?

#7 Pinoy MD Guest08

Pinoy MD Guest08

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

Security Bank takes Hassle-free account opening to a whole new level

Where else can you find a bank who not only offers an ALL-IN-ONE account, but also opens the account for you at the comforts of your clinics or even your own home?

Security bank offers this solution for busy people. With just a few clicks on their website, you can schedule for a Security Bank personnel to meet with you. They will bring the needed forms in a meet-up place of your choosing (wherever is most convenient) and open the account for you. Talk about personalized and hassle-free service!

Their amazing product offering is just icing on the cake. They have what they call an ALLACCESS account, which is a savings and a checking account in one. No need to worry about opening 2 accounts just so you can have a passbook—for traditional folks like me—and a check book and ATM card for easy access of funds. And best of all, they have a special program for doctors, open an account with ZERO initial deposit and NO maintaining balance!

You don’t have to take my word for it, try and see for yourself. Just click on this link to try it out http://bit.ly/rswitchtoday