24 replies to this topic

#1 ajkj

ajkj

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

What is the latest gadget you think its cool to have nowadays?

Edited by ajkj, 21 June 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#2 lim0820

lim0820

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

iPad still leads the way...

#3 xthine

xthine

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

My favorite iPad acessory: Jawbone Jambox.

http://jawbone.com/s...jambox/overview

#4 aristotle

aristotle

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

Ipad2

#5 GeneralSpyMD

GeneralSpyMD

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

iPad is still the "GOLD STANDARD"

However, with the current news that Windows 8 will be porting to ARM processors, it will not be long that ARM based touch pads will be running Windows, Android & Apple based OS.

ARM processors are currently running iOS (iPad, iPhone) & Android OS (which is a linux-based OS). They are just small OS with compared with Mac OS X, Windows 7 & UBuntu. Application developers are now busy making their application run on ARM processors with the current OS.

Due to increasing market of ARM-based touch pads, Adobe (with its popular PHOTOSHOP) is planning to have it run on Android OS & probably iOS & soon on Windows 8 ARM. This will mean that there COULD BE a shift from full OS to iOS, Android OS & Windows ARM in the years to come.

iPad Downside: On Screen Keyboard cuts the screen into half & is not ergonomically good for typing.
Possible trend for the downside: ASUS TRANSFORMER PRIME 2 (with Keyboard dock)

ASUS TRANSFORMER 2 (with keyboard dock)
Currently running Android OS with about 10.1inch screen, with a detachable keyboard. This could be more promising IF Windows 8 will be ported into it which would open a variety of functionality for both office works, business & entertainment.

Competition is always good in the business for "THE ERA OF TOUCH SCREENS".

#6 naLi.MD

naLi.MD

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

samsung galaxy note~ Posted Image well, at least in South Korea, as I have noticed it being used in most of their new ongoing top-rating kdramas. hahaha! Posted Image

#7 Clinic

Clinic

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

gameboy advance

#8 DDmd

DDmd

PMD Resident

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Maganda ba ang galaxy tab compared to ipad?

#9 TheHentist

TheHentist

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Depends on your preference IMO. iOS and Android has their own advantages and setbacks. But IMO the Galaxy tab is better than the iPad.

#10 zuuzrap

zuuzrap

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

Ito last year pa lang inaabangan ko na! >>> http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/ eh wala na ako pera ngayon! hahaha

#11 <))))><doc_nukem

<))))><doc_nukem

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Ito last year pa lang inaabangan ko na! >>> http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/ eh wala na ako pera ngayon! hahaha

Thanks for sharing this.The reason why I prefer the Galaxy Tab 7+ over the smaller screen smartphones is that I don't really make that much calls or text out "here".
Basically use it to watch movies,listen to music,alarm clock...The PadFone would address both portability and bigger screen issues while travelling.
But looks like it still isn't available in the PHL.Posted Image

#12 zuuzrap

zuuzrap

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

OO nga mukhang hindi pa... Sana may mag regalo sa akin nito! hehehe =)

#13 malditasnobbish

malditasnobbish

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

wow... parang gusto ko ng padfone... meron na po ba nito sa pinas? if yes, how much? and wer po? thanks....

#14 char11

char11

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

maganda ba ang samsung galaxy SIII?

#15 theclinic

theclinic

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

My amigo just upgraded to one of the Macbook Pro 15 inch laptops.. it's amazing. The way the processor works is more like an iPad where it's just on all the time (no start up and shutdown) but it's still a fully functioning laptop. I have to get one soon.

Here's a link - http://www.apple.com...pro/#macbookpro

Edited by theclinic, 06 August 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#16 xthine

xthine

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

^. Nice! Is that the one with a retina display?

^^ I just upgraded from a Galaxy S to the SIII, the S3 is lighter , sleeker, faster and has a way better battery life than its predecessors.

#17 wolverine

wolverine

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

^. Nice! Is that the one with a retina display?

^^ I just upgraded from a Galaxy S to the SIII, the S3 is lighter , sleeker, faster and has a way better battery life than its predecessors.

xthine- if you turn on HSDPA continuously , how long will the battery of the S3 last?

#18 xthine

xthine

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

^ Charged overnight, went to work and now 12 hours later my battery shows 41% despite calls, browsing, few texts, 75% auto brightness, live wallpaper. I could never get that usage with my Galaxy S...unless it was plugged in :)

#19 mdjdrj7

mdjdrj7

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

for me i think is an iPhone 4s plus you have the new iPad 4g Lte syempre dapat may unli internet subscription then paired with your car with navigation/bluetooth streaming like the my ford touch (mft) where in you can stream all your mp3s, pandora and sirius/xm channel and live video stream from the internet to your car. then pag break or downtime you are watching your favorite videos/movies from your nas cloud to your iPad. with a cool soda or chai tea latte on the side. Posted Image

Edited by ஜ Aescupulus ஜ, 19 August 2012 - 07:03 AM.
no textspeak please

#20 zuuzrap

zuuzrap

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

ipad 3, and iphone 5 coming soon!

#21 xthine

xthine

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

for me i think is an iPhone 4s plus you have the new iPad 4g Lte syempre dapat may unli internet subscription then paired with your car with navigation/bluetooth streaming like the my ford touch (mft) where in you can stream all your mp3s, pandora and sirius/xm channel and live video stream from the internet to your car. then pag break or downtime you are watching your favorite videos/movies from your nas cloud to your iPad. with a cool soda or chai tea latte on the side. Posted Image

Sounds like my setup. I connect my Galaxy S3 via Bluetooth to my Prius 3s Toyota Entune. I have an unlimited data plan on my smartphone, my iPad has LTE 2GB limit monthly. At home I listen to my Pandora One, in the car I tune into Sirius XM.

#22 balikpinas

balikpinas

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

any hD cam will do

#23 bryancas20

bryancas20

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

PSP is still the best for me when it comes to gaming haha but if we were to talk about business or personal use - i'd use a tablet for that. for photography/videography, nothing beats dslr. even though, selfies(or whatever) are gaining popularity, dslr will still be my best gadget.

#24 xthine

xthine

PMD Consultant

• PMD Gold Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

Apple Watch -- but I've had mine since April 2015. I've come a long way since my last post in 2012.

#25 wolverine

wolverine

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

hi xthine, can you post a mini review of your experience with the apple watch? I've been thinking of getting one but I'm having second thoughts because of its battery life and also, apple might release a new version in march. I have a pebble though which I got during its kickstarter days.