887 replies to this topic

#851 Medcool

Medcool

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hi i just passed the philippine board exams and i'm interested in going to australia as a GP. Can somebody help me? Is there anyone here who just got to australia as a GP and is willing to share what he/she did? How are the MCQ exams? Thanks. I'm contemplating on taking the USMLE or the MCQ

#852 doc_kc07

doc_kc07

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hi i just passed the philippine board exams and i'm interested in going to australia as a GP. Can somebody help me? Is there anyone here who just got to australia as a GP and is willing to share what he/she did? How are the MCQ exams? Thanks. I'm contemplating on taking the USMLE or the MCQ

AMEX Review Center

COURSE DETAILS

The Australian Medical Exam (AMEX) Review Center offers a full time intensive 4-week course covering these topics:

1. Adult Health (Medicine and Surgery) 
2. Women's Health (Obstetrics and Gynecology) 
3. Child's Health (Pediatrics)
4. Mental Health (Psychiatry)
5. Population Health
6. Legal Medicine and Ethics

The course is made up mostly of lectures on PowerPoint presentations, trial exams with feedbacks, and case scenarios, which are commonly encountered in Australian Medical Council Multiple Choice Questions (AMC-MCQ) exam.

The course will start on November. It will run from Monday to Saturday, 9-5pm at Room 207, Intramuros Corporate Plaza, Recoletos St., Intramuros, Manila. It is at the back of Manila Bulletin Office.  

For inquiries, please contact 09175912304 or email via amexreviewcenter@yahoo.com. You may also visit FB page: amexreviewcenter

Thank you!

#853 Nadine_A

Nadine_A

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

If you want to practice in Australia, it has to be the AMC exams. The MLEs unfortunately, cannot help us get to Australia as physicians. Unless you pass all steps, then do residency training in the US after, and then go to Australia via the competent authority pathway. This is the only scenario that MLEs are useful for that Aussie dream.
http://www.amc.org.a...php/ass/apo/cap

Whereas with AMC exams, you need only one exam to be eligible to apply for work. The MCQ is basic clinical sciences. Puro clinical scenarios ang tanong. It is not more difficult, (nor is it less difficult) than say, step2 CK. It's just different. Coz it's actually based on Aussie GP practice.

Goodluck!

Edited by Nadine_A, 06 September 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#854 bizdak_md

bizdak_md

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi! first of all goodluck sa philippine board exams!:) go nail it! with regards to the reviewers, wala na kasing basics sa amc mcq, if ever i would suggest after taking the phil exams, get hold of the books usually used for the amc mcq, but don't get me wrong, im sure makakatulong sobra din un naaral mo for boards coz after all its the same naman pero the way they ask and mga diseases ng aussie iba kasi un focus nila so it's still better to read the reviewers used for aussie such as murtagh and especially un amc blue book and purple book nadin if u can squeeze it in, pero must un blue book. i think since fresh pa un mga naaral mo for boards here, that's an advantage in a way na short preparation time for amc will be enough hopefully. 3 months would be enough time i think. i don't know if may reviewer that is suitable for both phil and aussie exam kasi, iba focus nla. however, i heard of others who used usmle reviewers like first aid and passed the exam for aussie. best of luck! kaya mo yan!:)

thank you for the info doc cabuz!!! are u working in australia now?

#855 ramiboy

ramiboy

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

anyone in melbourne doing mcq? will make a study group..please ring me 0478687103..thank you...

#856 marshmallowmd

marshmallowmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

How many years is the MCQ exam valid if you pass it?

Where do you take it here in Manila?

#857 annemd

annemd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

For those preparing for AMC exams check:

http://amrc.amrc.net.au

We are offering bridging courses for AMC CAT MCQ (starting January 20) and AMC Clinical Exams (starting January 13). Check our website or email us at info@amrc.net.au

#858 agostoleo_md

agostoleo_md

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

AMEX Review Center COURSE DETAILS The Australian Medical Exam (AMEX) Review Center offers a full time intensive 4-week course covering these topics: 1. Adult Health (Medicine and Surgery) 2. Women's Health (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) 3. Child's Health (Paediatrics) 4. Mental Health (Psychiatry) 5. Population Health 6. Legal Medicine and Ethics The course is made up mostly of lectures on PowerPoint presentations, trial exams with feedbacks, and case scenarios, which are commonly encountered in Australian Medical Council Multiple Choice Questions (AMC-MCQ) exam. The course will run from April 21-May 21, monday to saturday, 9-5pm at 2A Marsk Building, Aurora Blvd, cor Balete drive, Quezon City. (Near Robinsons Magnolia). Register now and avail our EARLY BIRD PROMO until March 31, 2014. For more inquiries, please call or text 09175241487 (Dr. Satsatin) or email us at amexreviewcenter@yahoo.com. You may also visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/amexreviewcenter. Thank you!!!

#859 DocRain

DocRain

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Good evening guys,

I also need some books for the AMC MCQ. Please send me some.. Please.. send it to rainierjohnbuensalida@gmail.com  .. Thanks!!!

#860 sassygirl01

sassygirl01

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

AMEX Review Team is happy to announce that August-September batch will start from August 14 - September 21, 2014

SCHEDULE will be every THURSDAYS-SUNDAYS 9-5pm (except Sunday 9-1pm)

YOU CAN STILL WORK/STUDY DURING WEEKDAYS AND ATTEND CLASSES FOR 4 DAYS A WEEK ONLY.

Limited slots are available!

Enroll now to avail our EARLY BIRD PROMO until July 4, 2014!!!

For more details, please contact Dr. Joson 09175912304 or Dr. Satsatin 09175241487

Thank you!!!

#861 dokaidz

dokaidz

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

How many years is the MCQ exam valid if you pass it?

Where do you take it here in Manila?

No expiry. You can google the test centre with Pearson vue.

#862 eman23

eman23

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

Kung sino po nagbebenta ng AMC reviewer pa sms po ako sa 09321054874 salamat

#863 gretchen

gretchen

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

Kung sino po nagbebenta ng AMC reviewer pa sms po ako sa 09321054874 salamat

Email ko sa iyo some mcq collection. Old nga lang. Msg mo email add mo kung interested ka.

#864 doc_kc07

doc_kc07

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

Australian Medical Exam (AMEX) Review Center is the first in our country to offer a complete array of reliable, updated and comprehensive review course from a line up of exemplary top class lecturers. This is in preparation for those doctors who are going to take the Australian Medical Council-
Multiple Choice Questions (AMC-MCQ) Exam which is your first step in order to practice medicine in Australia.

We are pleased to announce that the start of the application for the November-December 2015 batch will be on August 1, 2015.

We will have our EARLY BIRD PROMO until October 2, 2015 or until all slots are filled (15 slots only)

Reservation fee of P5000 to secure your slot (which will be deducted to the total price)

Mode of payment: Cash or Installment (Staggered payment applies)

Start of Classes: November 9, 2015
End of Classes: December 10, 2015

Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9-5pm

Venue: Madison 101 Bldg., Madison Street cor Aurora Blvd., New Manila, QC. Near Gilmore station.

Limited slots are available for this batch! Enroll now and increase 
your chance of passing the AMC-MCQ Exam!!!

For more inquiries, please call 09173232650 or email us amexreviewcenter@yahoo.com.

Thank you!!!

- AMEX Review Team

#865 doc_kc07

doc_kc07

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

For those who are interested to be part of the AMEX Review Team, please send your resume to amexreviewcenter@yahoo.com or call/text this no. 09173232650. Thank you!

Edited by doc_kc07, 27 July 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#866 JI_Goe

JI_Goe

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

Where is the testing center here in Manila?

#867 dokaidz

dokaidz

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Finally got my medical registration after almost 5 years of working as a RN in Australia. Never lose hope is all that I can say for those IMG's permanently living in Australia currently not working as a doctor. Easier for temporary visa holders to get into Australia once you clear AMC MCQ+English test and >2-3 yrs GP experience.

#868 gretchen

gretchen

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

Finally got my medical registration after almost 5 years of working as a RN in Australia. Never lose hope is all that I can say for those IMG's permanently living in Australia currently not working as a doctor. Easier for temporary visa holders to get into Australia once you clear AMC MCQ+English test and >2-3 yrs GP experience.

Congrats

#869 Starry_night

Starry_night

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

Ask ko lang. How much ang latest fee for AMC? :)

#870 dokaidz

dokaidz

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Ask ko lang. How much ang latest fee for AMC? :)

http://www.amc.org.au/assessment/fees

#871 Starry_night

Starry_night

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

^ Thanks! :) By the way, i plan to take the usmle next year. probably first week of may 2016. kaya ka na by first week ng july 2016 itake ko naman AMC's MCQ CAT, then mid august ako mag-usmle step 2 ck? Hehe. I want to make the most out of my year off sana. :) Thank you! :)

Edited by Starry_night, 14 November 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#872 dokaidz

dokaidz

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

^ Thanks! :) By the way, i plan to take the usmle next year. probably first week of may 2016. kaya ka na by first week ng july 2016 itake ko naman AMC's MCQ CAT, then mid august ako mag-usmle step 2 ck? Hehe. I want to make the most out of my year off sana. :) Thank you! :)

Pwede naman kung nakapag review ka ng maayos. Basahin mo lang at least twice yung AMC handbook then recalls plus Murtgah handbook of GP 6th edition.

#873 Briar

Briar

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

Hello people,

I stumbled in this forum late last year and I did not realize that still, many of us are hoping to get a registration in Australia as a physician. In my case, I have chosen a much easier but more expensive path of studying in Australia as a nurse. Second semester ended on November; now I am thinking of sitting for the AMC MCQ probably on March next year. For those who already took the exam, do you guys think that three months of stuying is enough to overcome the hurdle?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Briar, 06 December 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#874 bizdak_md

bizdak_md

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:27 AM

Hello people,

I stumbled in this forum late last year and I did not realize that still, many of us are hoping to get a registration in Australia as a physician. In my case, I have chosen a much easier but more expensive path of studying in Australia as a nurse. Second semester ended on November; now I am thinking of sitting for the AMC MCQ probably on March next year. For those who already took the exam, do you guys think that three months of stuying is enough to overcome the hurdle?

Thanks in advance

Hi Doc Briar, from which state ka po? I am a registered md back sa pinas din. for the meantime i am doing what you are doing. how many years did you study nursing here? 

Anyways, if you somewhere queensland... i am also preparing to sit an mcq exam probably mid of this year... might want to be a study partner or any tips you can also advise for me? thanks in advance. 

#875 bizdak_md

bizdak_md

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

Pwede naman kung nakapag review ka ng maayos. Basahin mo lang at least twice yung AMC handbook then recalls plus Murtgah handbook of GP 6th edition.

Hi dokaidz, just wanna ask some tips for me to prepare and review for the mcq exam. I currently in townsville, queensland and will be sitting the exam mid of this year. I am doing nursing at jcu at the moment but i am willing to take the amc mcq this year as well. any tips po? is murtagh and amc blue enough for the review? 

are there any other advise you can give po? thank you very much.

#876 Briar

Briar

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:57 AM

Hi Doc Briar, from which state ka po? I am a registered md back sa pinas din. for the meantime i am doing what you are doing. how many years did you study nursing here? 

Anyways, if you somewhere queensland... i am also preparing to sit an mcq exam probably mid of this year... might want to be a study partner or any tips you can also advise for me? thanks in advance. 

It's a 20-month course since I am not a nurse in the Philippines. Baka may reviewer files ka dyan na pwede mo i-share. I only have the Handbook of Multiple Choice Questions. I live in Melbourne by the way.

#877 JoeWise

JoeWise

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

@Briar. I also live in Melbourne. I am currently reviewing for AMC exam. Any one who lives in Melbourne who like to have a study group, kindly email me. thanks a lot.

#878 Briar

Briar

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

@Briar. I also live in Melbourne. I am currently reviewing for AMC exam. Any one who lives in Melbourne who like to have a study group, kindly email me. thanks a lot.

@JoeWise San ka sa Melbourne? I live in Caroline Springs. If you are at least a PR in Australia, then I believe you have a better chance of getting a placement/hospital position, plus of course passing the AMC and IELTS. In my case, I am only an international student, trying to work my way up from being a student nurse to someday getting a full registration- and find work saying the least. Have you applied yet? AMC now requires ECFMG-EPIC for document verification; and I am in the process of doing that first. Study group would be nice.

Edited by Briar, 11 January 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#879 bizdak_md

bizdak_md

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

It's a 20-month course since I am not a nurse in the Philippines. Baka may reviewer files ka dyan na pwede mo i-share. I only have the Handbook of Multiple Choice Questions. I live in Melbourne by the way.

i am not a nurse back home din doc briar. i am doing nursing science now at james cook university for 3 years. buti pa sayo 20 months lang. 

anyways, are you working at the moment? I am also in student visa. 

i am focusing now on AMC blue book and john murtagh general practice na mother book. 

wala pa akong mga recalls doc. buti pa kau merong mga ilan-ilan jan sa melbourne na pwed maka group study. hehehe

#880 Briar

Briar

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

i am not a nurse back home din doc briar. i am doing nursing science now at james cook university for 3 years. buti pa sayo 20 months lang. 

anyways, are you working at the moment? I am also in student visa. 

i am focusing now on AMC blue book and john murtagh general practice na mother book. 

wala pa akong mga recalls doc. buti pa kau merong mga ilan-ilan jan sa melbourne na pwed maka group study. hehehe

I am sure there are several out there preparing to take the AMC. Wala pa din akong contacts, not even one. I just got a hold of the blue book and I have a 4th ed of the general practice by Murtagh back in the Philippines. Kaya sigurong mag aral ng nursing at the same time start reviewing for AMC.

#881 nicoMD2B

nicoMD2B

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:14 AM

Amc

#882 starcookie

starcookie

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hi! Anybody here who can advise me on how to study for AMC 1. I plan to take it early next year but i wanted to start studying. Also, where can i get reading materials for it. Thank you so much😊

#883 MannyMD

MannyMD

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:21 AM

Hi. I just passed the recent 2016 PLE and I,m interested in practicing in australia but im a bit confused regarding the steps on how to be a GP or if given an opportunity, have a residency training there. Any suggestions? AND do they really require a 2-3 yrs of working exprience aside from passing the AMC exam and IELTS? Thank you.

#884 trialqw

trialqw

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hi. I just passed the recent 2016 PLE and I,m interested in practicing in australia but im a bit confused regarding the steps on how to be a GP or if given an opportunity, have a residency training there. Any suggestions? AND do they really require a 2-3 yrs of working exprience aside from passing the AMC exam and IELTS? Thank you.

You have got to be RICH.....

Tell me... Do you have at least.... 150k ? That is just for the Multiple Choice Exam.... and verification and freaking document processing

Ohh there are more fees to pay....

Edited by trialqw, 01 December 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#885 IAMNUMBER4

IAMNUMBER4

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

You have got to be RICH.....

Tell me... Do you have at least.... 150k ? That is just for the Multiple Choice Exam.... and verification and freaking document processing

Ohh there are more fees to pay....

Hahaha, this made my day, Yup you're definitely on the dot! A lot of fees to pay. Pagkabasa ko sa AMC website and read the details I backed out, lalo na ung prioritising nila sa mga gustong makapasok sa hospitals, pinaka huli ung IMG who studied medicine outside Oz, Did 2 years of nursing studies dito sa Adelaide, now working full time as a nurse sa isang RACF. and thank God I finally have my PR, after a year baka makakapag apply na for citizenship. Then PROBABLY I just might take a look at taking the AMC, but I'm doing well so I might not decide to take it. Besides I'm paying back money that I owe my sister who financially supported me through my studies, and from what I hear, there will be a surplus of Ozzie MD's graduating this year so it might be hard for IMG's to get a slot in the hospitals, I've met one Bangladeshi IMG who passed the 2011 AMC exams but was having a difficult time getting a slot sa hospital because IMG cya at hindi siya citizen or PR, so naka visitor's visa parin siya.  Don't get dissuaded though, just push for your dreams, basta ba may pang bayad sa mga gastusin go lang ng go.

#886 MannyMD

MannyMD

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hi. I just passed the recent 2016 PLE and I,m interested in practicing in australia but im a bit confused regarding the steps on how to be a GP or if given an opportunity, have a residency training there. Any suggestions? AND do they really require a 2-3 yrs of working experience aside from passing the AMC exam and IELTS? Thank you. 

#887 dokaidz

dokaidz

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

Hi dokaidz, just wanna ask some tips for me to prepare and review for the mcq exam. I currently in townsville, queensland and will be sitting the exam mid of this year. I am doing nursing at jcu at the moment but i am willing to take the amc mcq this year as well. any tips po? is murtagh and amc blue enough for the review? 

are there any other advise you can give po? thank you very much.

I think I know who you are hehehe. Guess who I am?

#888 dokaidz

dokaidz

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:27 AM

Hi. I just passed the recent 2016 PLE and I,m interested in practicing in australia but im a bit confused regarding the steps on how to be a GP or if given an opportunity, have a residency training there. Any suggestions? AND do they really require a 2-3 yrs of working experience aside from passing the AMC exam and IELTS? Thank you. 

It is now a requirement to have at least 3 years of GP experience for AHPRA to even require you to take your PESCI. If you have passed both parts of the AMC then they might consider your application for registration.