#1 saga

saga

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hi!

I worked in Riyadh, KSA years back, and am on my way to Australia.

May I ask PMD's in Riyadh who can help me get the Certification of Good Standing / Registration Status from the SCFHS-Saudi Commission for Health Specialties? This needs to be emailed directly to the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) from SCFHS, via a specific email address.

I am already out of KSA. I already sent by courier an application form, copy of Saudi Medical license, Bank draft payment last Sept, 2010. It is extremely difficult to follow up the SCFHS. I tried all avenues: by my personal email, the SCFHS website email/contact page, fax, phone.

Last Sept. 30, 2010, the Medical Board of Australia already granted In-Principle Registration, everything was in order. It was then surmised that the Saudi Certificate was already received and that the documents that they have are satisfactory for registration.

But just before leaving for Australia, they surprised me with a sudden urgent need to follow up the Certificate of Good Standing/Registration Status from the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS), thus delaying the provision of a Registration Number and in effect unable to start work as GP in Rural Australia. This after everything was all set and raring to go, with enormous expenses incurred already for all the travel arrangements and planned relocation.

Any help in this situation would be greatly appreciated. I am open to suggestions, as to having contacts in Riyadh who can facilitate this.