10 replies to this topic

#1 rdctmd

rdctmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

The Department of ENT - HNS , Armed Forces of the Philippines Medical Center, is now accepting applicants for residency training. The 4 year residency training program is fully accredited by the Philippine Board of ORL -HNS. Submit CV, photocopy of transcript of records, and PRC certificate.
Basic Requirements are the ff:
1. Male / Female not more than 35 years old
2. Willing to enter the military service
3. Good scholastic record
4. Must pass the physical and neuropsychiatric examination set by the hospital

Submit requirements in person to the Administrative Office, Dept of ENT - HNS, AFPMC, ward 7B, 7th floor, Victoriano Luna General Hospital, AFPMC, V.Luna Avenue, QC not later than 09 November 2010.
PRE - RESIDENCY Evaluation is 2 weeks.

#2 sappyMD

sappyMD

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

The Department of ENT - HNS , Armed Forces of the Philippines Medical Center, is now accepting applicants for residency training. The 4 year residency training program is fully accredited by the Philippine Board of ORL -HNS. Submit CV, photocopy of transcript of records, and PRC certificate.

Submit requirements in person to the Administrative Office, Dept of ENT - HNS, AFPMC, ward 7B, 7th floor, Victoriano Luna General Hospital, AFPMC, V.Luna Avenue, QC not later than 09 November 2010.

Hi doc. how many first year residents do you accept? When you say willing to enter the military service, what exactly do you mean by that? thank you.

#3 doc_tofi

doc_tofi

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

musta naman po training dito?

#4 jeepee

jeepee

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

Hi doc. how many first year residents do you accept? When you say willing to enter the military service, what exactly do you mean by that? thank you.

when i was an intern at afpmc(v.luna gen hosp) years back,residents are initially accepted as civilian doctors.during residency training,they are obliged to be converted to military doctor through a process which include training of course like a real soldier(in tanay,rizal).if you want to revert back to civilian,you will have to pay service in the military,i think for every year of residency you will have to pay 3 years service if i'm not mistaken.there is also a so called "call to active duty" wherein you will be assigned to different military hospitals in the province even before residency training.other doctors do this by entering the military as gp in call to active duty either in army,navy or air force then after a few years they go into residency training with endorsement from the commandant.there are plenty of benefits daw as a military doctor.i also remember na yung 2nd year ay captain at yung 1st year ay major..sir ang tawag ng senior dun sa first year.hehe.

#5 rdctmd

rdctmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

We accept 2 first year residents per year.
MILITARY SERVICE :
1. They will become commissioned officers of the AFP
2. Afterwhich, they will be "Called to Active Duty" and wear the rank of CAPTAIN
3. They will be required to undergo a 90 day military training
4. After residency and specialty board exam, it will be the doctor's decision whether to continue as military doctor or revert to civilian status.
*** I went into ENT - HNS residency at AFPMC way back 2001. I became Captain last 2004. (3 years civilian). though i was a civilian resident, i had a same DOH salary grade at that time. after residency, i took the specialty board exam and was absorbed as organic consultant staff of the hospital up to this day. my batchmate in residency opted to be assigned to a military station hospital in his province.
the military service is actually a choice not an obligation. however, as "managers" of the department, we prefer someone who is willing to become military personnel, since we know that we will eventually retire from the military, and someone should be able to take our place, for the sake of the residency training and the department.

#6 doc_tofi

doc_tofi

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

MILITARY SERVICE :
2. Afterwhich, they will be "Called to Active Duty" and wear the rank of CAPTAIN
4. After residency and specialty board exam, it will be the doctor's decision whether to continue as military doctor or revert to civilian status.
*** I went into ENT - HNS residency at AFPMC way back 2001. I became Captain last 2004. (3 years civilian). though i was a civilian resident, i had a same DOH salary grade at that time. after residency, i took the specialty board exam and was absorbed as organic consultant staff of the hospital up to this day. my batchmate in residency opted to be assigned to a military station hospital in his province.
the military service is actually a choice not an obligation. however, as "managers" of the department, we prefer someone who is willing to become military personnel, since we know that we will eventually retire from the military, and someone should be able to take our place, for the sake of the residency training and the department.

if after residency, the graduate opted to go into private practice..will there be any problem? like paying for your training etc..
musta diplomate passing po?
1 year lang yung military service? the rest of your 3 years, you'll be be given civilian salary? (which is?)

#7 rdctmd

rdctmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

MILITARY SERVICE :

if after residency, the graduate opted to go into private practice..will there be any problem? like paying for your training etc..
1 year lang yung military service? the rest of your 3 years, you'll be be given civilian salary? (which is?)

i was a civilian resident for 3 years then i opted to join the military on my 4th yr residency. its up to the resident when he/she will go into active military service. civilian salary is the same with DOH. when i was a resident i think it was salary grade 16(i honestly cannot recall)/ Medical Officer 3 salary. Diplomate - all our graduates who took the specialty board exam since 2002 became diplomates / fellows.
if the resident opted not to enter the military service , he/she will graduate just like any other trainees and may freely go into private practice. no return of salary.

#8 rdctmd

rdctmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

MILITARY SERVICE :

i was a civilian resident for 3 years then i opted to join the military on my 4th yr residency. its up to the resident when he/she will go into active military service. civilian salary is the same with DOH. when i was a resident i think it was salary grade 16(i honestly cannot recall)/ Medical Officer 3 salary. Diplomate - all our graduates who took the specialty board exam since 2002 became diplomates / fellows.
if the resident opted not to enter the military service , he/she will graduate just like any other trainees and may freely go into private practice. no return of salary.

#9 rdctmd

rdctmd

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

MILITARY SERVICE :

#10 doc_tofi

doc_tofi

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

MILITARY SERVICE :

thank for the info. last question, is it true that you will only get a salary for 2 yrs as civilian resident, after that, either you go into military service and get paid or be a civilian resident and not get any. medyo kasi, nakakatakot, even if someone wants to do miliatry service but his body can't handle military training...so parang wala na choice na magkasweldo dahil 2 yrs lang ata as civilian resident. please clarify

#11 Filter

Filter

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

Just curious,
anong suot ng mga residente/consultants dito while on duty?
Is it the usually like others na nka semi formal/casual plus coat/blazer o parang naka military uniform just like yung mga Military police with all patches, pins and Nameplate, plus coat/blazer (minus syempre the batuta,combat boots and white helmet)i guess di naman naka camouflage right? also, are they given a service firearm (kahit handgun lang)o if they want to have a firearm,they have it for personal and apply for themselves?

thanks. :)

Edited by Filter, 31 October 2010 - 03:48 AM.