31 replies to this topic

#1 docbien

docbien

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

Hi everyone! just curious if anyone here is a Philippine Army doctor, what can you say about it? any feedback in becoming one? I surfed their website http://www.army.mil....d_req/index.htm and got me wondering if its good.

#2 entcastromd

entcastromd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

yes, meron dito nyan...

... ang pagkakaalam ko, they are doctors who took or is taking their residency training at the AFP medical center, also called V Luna General Hospital. pag nagresidency ka kc dun, you would be given the opportunity to go under military training, sabi nila hindi naman daw ganun kahirap. after that, you will be called to go on "active duty". as a starter, probationary 2nd Lieutenant (tama ba spelling?) ka agad. may salary and benefits ka as a soldier and a doctor.

hindi lang ito sa Philippine Army, pde rin sa ibang divisions ng military like the Air Force, Marines, Navy, etc.

pwede ka nga lang ma-assign sa mga malalayong lugar, and kung san ka kailangan, such as kung san may encounter... pero hindi ka nman daw sa battlefield..

so far eto lng muna ma-contribute ko d2. hehe

#3 denz017

denz017

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

[quote name='entcastromd' date='08 May 2009 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1241835183' post='67548']
yes, meron dito nyan...

... ang pagkakaalam ko, they are doctors who took or is taking their residency training at the AFP medical center, also called V Luna General Hospital. pag nagresidency ka kc dun, you would be given the opportunity to go under military training, sabi nila hindi naman daw ganun kahirap. after that, you will be called to go on "active duty". as a starter, probationary 2nd Lieutenant (tama ba spelling?) ka agad. may salary and benefits ka as a soldier and a doctor.

hindi lang ito sa Philippine Army, pde rin sa ibang divisions ng military like the Air Force, Marines, Navy, etc.

pwede ka nga lang ma-assign sa mga malalayong lugar, and kung san ka kailangan, such as kung san may encounter... pero hindi ka nman daw sa battlefield..

so far eto lng muna ma-contribute ko d2. hehe
[/quote]

Good morning fellow MDs. . I'm curious about becoming a military doctor. . Can i still undergo residency training kapag matanggap na ako as a military doctor? Or dapat ba mag residency training muna before becoming a military doctor? Thanks. . I'm 29 years old by the way and i'm currently moonlighting here in Cebu. . I passed the local medical boards last August 2009. . =)

#4 charleyrose84

charleyrose84

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Yes, if you want to undergo residency training and want to become a military doctor, you can apply at AFP Medical Center. Most of their residency training are accredited such as Surgery, Pediatrics, OB Gyne, ENT, Ophtha, Patho, Radio. You can work as a civilian for 2 years, salary is around 26k, i think. After that, you can apply as P2LT. You just need to undergo physical fitness training: situps, running,etc. Or you can apply straight as a captain where in you have to undergo 45 days of military training. Once you become a captain, you can be sent to their hospital in Jolo for about a month every year. Salary of a captain i think is around 30+ thousand excluding govt bonuses, philhealth sharing, magna carta, etc.

I hope this helps. :-)

#5 Ian.Gomez

Ian.Gomez

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:55 AM

i have two classmates who went straight to working with the Philippine military (i think for the Army) immediately after medical school. so i think after the basic military training, they were/ you can be deployed already. one has been to areas like Sulu- sa frontline talaga- while the other stayed in the hospital of a military camp in Davao as ward MD. The former is now doing plastic and reconstructive surgery training in the UP-PGH, the latter i believe is working towards taking further public health studies.

#6 denz017

denz017

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

i have two classmates who went straight to working with the Philippine military (i think for the Army) immediately after medical school. so i think after the basic military training, they were/ you can be deployed already. one has been to areas like Sulu- sa frontline talaga- while the other stayed in the hospital of a military camp in Davao as ward MD. The former is now doing plastic and reconstructive surgery training in the UP-PGH, the latter i believe is working towards taking further public health studies.

Thanks doctors for your replies. . It really helped me a lot. . =)

#7 denz017

denz017

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Yes, if you want to undergo residency training and want to become a military doctor, you can apply at AFP Medical Center. Most of their residency training are accredited such as Surgery, Pediatrics, OB Gyne, ENT, Ophtha, Patho, Radio. You can work as a civilian for 2 years, salary is around 26k, i think. After that, you can apply as P2LT. You just need to undergo physical fitness training: situps, running,etc. Or you can apply straight as a captain where in you have to undergo 45 days of military training. Once you become a captain, you can be sent to their hospital in Jolo for about a month every year. Salary of a captain i think is around 30+ thousand excluding govt bonuses, philhealth sharing, magna carta, etc.

I hope this helps. :-)

Thanks for your reply doc. . Ask lang sana ako if madali ba makapasok sa AFP Medical Center for residency training or baka need pa ng backer para makapasok? Gusto ko sana Surgery or Internal Medicine. .

#8 button

button

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

Hi! Madali lang mag-apply sa V. Luna, no backers needed. Medyo lenient na din sila ngayon regarding civilian employees, kasi konti lang nag-aapply. For Surgery, you will be given a choice if you want general surgery or dun sa mga straight programs nila: urology, neurosurgery. For Internal Medicine, the program is 4 years (unlike sa civilian institutions). Maganda din yung Ortho program nila. The good thing about training there is you won't have to worry about the financial aspect of the treatment...lahat sagot ng government kasi.

When you enter there, civilian employee ka...but you have the option of being a reservist (P2LT) or being called to active duty (CAD) later on. Limited lang slots for reservists, but always open yung CAD. For doctors, when you enter the military, army captain agad ang rank mo.

#9 ABRamos

ABRamos

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

Hi! Madali lang mag-apply sa V. Luna, no backers needed. Medyo lenient na din sila ngayon regarding civilian employees, kasi konti lang nag-aapply. For Surgery, you will be given a choice if you want general surgery or dun sa mga straight programs nila: urology, neurosurgery. For Internal Medicine, the program is 4 years (unlike sa civilian institutions). Maganda din yung Ortho program nila. The good thing about training there is you won't have to worry about the financial aspect of the treatment...lahat sagot ng government kasi.

When you enter there, civilian employee ka...but you have the option of being a reservist (P2LT) or being called to active duty (CAD) later on. Limited lang slots for reservists, but always open yung CAD. For doctors, when you enter the military, army captain agad ang rank mo.

- What does it mean to be Called on Active Duty? If you undergo residency training in V. Luna and choose to be CAD, what's the difference in terms of training, workload, etc from those undergoing residency training but are civilian employees?
- If you do enter the military, how long do you have to work for the army? Is there a specific/set # of years that you have to complete? Or parang commissioned officer ka na talaga nila, you're part of the military permanently and you'll be on-call/serving in army hospitals.
- Do you get to choose your assignments like location of service?
- Will you still have the priviledge of having a private practice?
Sori ho daming tanong.. but there's really no good source of info unless you know someone inside. thanks.

#10 noel

noel

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

- What does it mean to be Called on Active Duty? If you undergo residency training in V. Luna and choose to be CAD, what's the difference in terms of training, workload, etc from those undergoing residency training but are civilian employees?
- If you do enter the military, how long do you have to work for the army? Is there a specific/set # of years that you have to complete? Or parang commissioned officer ka na talaga nila, you're part of the military permanently and you'll be on-call/serving in army hospitals.
- Do you get to choose your assignments like location of service?
- Will you still have the priviledge of having a private practice?
Sori ho daming tanong.. but there's really no good source of info unless you know someone inside. thanks.

pag na CAD ka you're a military officer already, in the medical corps, after the residency, they'll give you a unit assignment, the location is not your choice, but you can talk with them, but it's not a guarantee.

#11 benny palma jr

benny palma jr

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

For interested applicants for residency training of any field sa vluna, the qualifying exams are usually given in August or September after the Medical Board Exam results become available. These exams are usually given in batches (usually 2). Some who were not able to take the regular schedule of exams can ask to take a special exam (I think that is possible) . . . makiusap lang. You will be taking the same set of exams whatever specialty you're interested in. The Department Heads will be given the exam results of those applicants in their respective specialties. Each Department has their own procedure as to how to proceed next. In my case, in Ortho, another set of exam is given which is relevant to ortho. Then, all applicants will be interviewed by the Consultants and the Senior Residents in a Panel. The results of the exam and the interview will determine if you will be accepted or not. Accepted applicants will be informed through a phone call and Pre-residency training starts in October. You will be evaluated until December depending on your performance. That is without pay . . . although you will not have problems with meals because Residents make sure that their Pre-residents are fed . . . usually out of their own pocket. During the Department Christmas Party . . . the final set of incoming first year residents will be announced, usually lahat naman na nagpre-res na nagtagal until that time. Ortho training in vluna is 5 years, that is to give 1 year allowance to those residents who choose to become Military Medical Officers (The Medical Corps of the AFP) to be sent to various Camps where they are needed. Each assignment may last from 1-2 months and may happen 4-5 times in the entire course of your residency training. There is only 2 years of paid Civilian Residents, usually 1st to 2nd year. After that, you need to become an MC to have pay. Before, there was a provision of being a Probationary 2LT after that 2 years, with pay equivalent to the pay of 2LTs until you graduate. That is without going into active service. Parang civilian ka pa rin ituturing. Yun lang, in paper P2LT ka. And you have an annual physical fitness test that you need to pass, like the rest of the MCs. Any questions?

#12 ian

ian

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

What other residency training programs does V. Luna offer aside from GS, uro, neurosurg, and IM?

#13 alcyone

alcyone

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

^^Residency training: aside from Ortho, GS, Uro, Neurosurg, meron din Radio, Patho, Anes, Pedia, ENT, Ophtha, OB-GYN, Psych, but rehab and nuclear med??(not sure)

Edited by alcyone, 08 September 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#14 ian

ian

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

Wow dami pala nila programs, are they all accredited by the specialty boards?

#15 kary911

kary911

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

may opening pa ba sa v. luna ngayon?

#16 figmd

figmd

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

how about anesth or ent nila? bukas pa po ba? ilang years po ang residency nila?

#17 tibomd

tibomd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

For interested applicants for residency training of any field sa vluna, the qualifying exams are usually given in August or September after the Medical Board Exam results become available. These exams are usually given in batches (usually 2). Some who were not able to take the regular schedule of exams can ask to take a special exam (I think that is possible) . . . makiusap lang. You will be taking the same set of exams whatever specialty you're interested in. The Department Heads will be given the exam results of those applicants in their respective specialties. Each Department has their own procedure as to how to proceed next. In my case, in Ortho, another set of exam is given which is relevant to ortho. Then, all applicants will be interviewed by the Consultants and the Senior Residents in a Panel. The results of the exam and the interview will determine if you will be accepted or not. Accepted applicants will be informed through a phone call and Pre-residency training starts in October. You will be evaluated until December depending on your performance. That is without pay . . . although you will not have problems with meals because Residents make sure that their Pre-residents are fed . . . usually out of their own pocket. During the Department Christmas Party . . . the final set of incoming first year residents will be announced, usually lahat naman na nagpre-res na nagtagal until that time. Ortho training in vluna is 5 years, that is to give 1 year allowance to those residents who choose to become Military Medical Officers (The Medical Corps of the AFP) to be sent to various Camps where they are needed. Each assignment may last from 1-2 months and may happen 4-5 times in the entire course of your residency training. There is only 2 years of paid Civilian Residents, usually 1st to 2nd year. After that, you need to become an MC to have pay. Before, there was a provision of being a Probationary 2LT after that 2 years, with pay equivalent to the pay of 2LTs until you graduate. That is without going into active service. Parang civilian ka pa rin ituturing. Yun lang, in paper P2LT ka. And you have an annual physical fitness test that you need to pass, like the rest of the MCs. Any questions?

this is the best answer that I read....this is the harder avenue to take, direct to AFPMC ito....on the other hand this is what I did as what my consultants then did, pero ako di ko na tinuloy...nasa off shore na ako....(sidenotes: dati sir e tinanggal ang civilian with pay doon, first two years lang talaga ang civ pay daw as per the story of my consultant anesth and OB sa AFGH...) you may enter the AFP thru the lateral side..no backers needed dito, ang kailangan e patience...enter thru the reserve force, then be a reserve cpt imeediately straight from school...GP ito, then Do the procedure for CAD....You'll be CAD as a GP....dito usually kung saan ka nag pa CAD e dun ka....sa V.luna kasi kailangan mo muna makiusap kung saang branch of service ka...pero kung sa ARESCOM ka kaagad pumasok e medyo sure na na PA ang Branch of service mo...after mo ma CAD, of course pwede ka na ipatapon kung saan ka kailangan....without the residency requirement....tapos pwede ka mag residency sa ibang government hospital kung mapakiusapan mo silang i-release ka muna sa unit mo, or you can go to residency sa AFPMC din, the same rule sa mga pre-res usually applies....this is called a lateral entry residency with regards to the hospital na papasukan mo,(may advantage ito na malaki po, PM mo ako if you want to know) ang bawal lang e sa private ka mag residency.... and since cpt ka na di ba upon entering the active service yun nga lang GP ka pa pero pag katapos mo ng residency at maipasa mo agad ang diplomate exam e points yan para sa immediate promotion mo to Major....(pero hindi lang yun ang kailangan ha)after residency e balik ka sa mother unit mo na, hindi ka na ma-hohold ng Victoriano Luna Gen. Hospital...yun lang po ang maidadagdag ko as per my experience and know how.....pero ayun nga di ko na tinuloy hanggang reserve CPT lang ako

Edited by tibomd, 12 November 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#18 eugenel

eugenel

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

Tanong ko lang po.

Yung internal medicine physicians po ba sa Philippine army, yan po ba yung mga doktor na pinapadala sa gyera at nagse-serve as emergency medicine physicians and pediatricians pagka may nangyaring something?

#19 Bangis

Bangis

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Good day po....Im a Medical Clerk now,and hopefully in few years time i will be on the real world na "Doctor na" sana.....when that time comes, Im planning to work as Military MD because it is really my passion to be in the line of service since I was a kid....Now my question is....If I enter Military as a GP then I would be a CPT. diba? what if I dont go to Residency, is it possible for me to get promoted or be a Major or Colonel? kahit na years of service and schooling lang ang gusto ko? kasi to be honest with you guys.....I dont really mind going to Residency Training...kasi I am really tired na of studying...if I wasnt taking up Medicine now...siguro Military Nurse nako,coz I am an RN,ang gusto ko lang talaga is to be Medical Staff sa Military........If God will bless me to pass Medical Board...being GP is enough for me as long as I am in Military services....I hope someone can answer my question....Thanks guys and Godbless

#20 Bangis

Bangis

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

this is the best answer that I read....this is the harder avenue to take, direct to AFPMC ito....on the other hand this is what I did as what my consultants then did, pero ako di ko na tinuloy...nasa off shore na ako....(sidenotes: dati sir e tinanggal ang civilian with pay doon, first two years lang talaga ang civ pay daw as per the story of my consultant anesth and OB sa AFGH...) you may enter the AFP thru the lateral side..no backers needed dito, ang kailangan e patience...enter thru the reserve force, then be a reserve cpt imeediately straight from school...GP ito, then Do the procedure for CAD....You'll be CAD as a GP....dito usually kung saan ka nag pa CAD e dun ka....sa V.luna kasi kailangan mo muna makiusap kung saang branch of service ka...pero kung sa ARESCOM ka kaagad pumasok e medyo sure na na PA ang Branch of service mo...after mo ma CAD, of course pwede ka na ipatapon kung saan ka kailangan....without the residency requirement....tapos pwede ka mag residency sa ibang government hospital kung mapakiusapan mo silang i-release ka muna sa unit mo, or you can go to residency sa AFPMC din, the same rule sa mga pre-res usually applies....this is called a lateral entry residency with regards to the hospital na papasukan mo,(may advantage ito na malaki po, PM mo ako if you want to know) ang bawal lang e sa private ka mag residency.... and since cpt ka na di ba upon entering the active service yun nga lang GP ka pa pero pag katapos mo ng residency at maipasa mo agad ang diplomate exam e points yan para sa immediate promotion mo to Major....(pero hindi lang yun ang kailangan ha)after residency e balik ka sa mother unit mo na, hindi ka na ma-hohold ng Victoriano Luna Gen. Hospital...yun lang po ang maidadagdag ko as per my experience and know how.....pero ayun nga di ko na tinuloy hanggang reserve CPT lang ako

ask ko lang po sir.....what if the person who apply for GP dont want to undergo residency anymore and stay as a GP nalang.....may pag asa pa ba siya ma promote into a major kahit na years of service lang and masteral in public health ang meron siya? possible ba na magkaroon siya ng promotion? tnx sir....sna masagot niyo po tanong ko......kasi Im very interested to join the service...Im a Medical Clerk for now...

#21 tibomd

tibomd

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

ask ko lang po sir.....what if the person who apply for GP dont want to undergo residency anymore and stay as a GP nalang.....may pag asa pa ba siya ma promote into a major kahit na years of service lang and masteral in public health ang meron siya? possible ba na magkaroon siya ng promotion? tnx sir....sna masagot niyo po tanong ko......kasi Im very interested to join the service...Im a Medical Clerk for now...

OO naman po sir, mapropromote pa rin naman po kahit na ma-CAD as GP...Good luck po

#22 Bangis

Bangis

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

OO naman po sir, mapropromote pa rin naman po kahit na ma-CAD as GP...Good luck po

Sir tnx po sa reply sir.....ask ko lang po ulit kung how about area of destination? totoo po ba na kung saan province ka galing dun ka maassign? and sir for example the AFP assigned a person sa certain province, tapos he decided to live their and stablished his family like buying house, and property...may possibilty ba na you can stay to that province of assignment till retirement? or reshufle ulit in a period of time? sana sir you can answear my Question sir...kasi i really like to serve our country....

#23 dencio

dencio

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

anyone in the medical corps reserve here? where do we report? salamat po!

#24 Janna A.

Janna A.

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

good day doctors, i'm really interested in applying as a visiting neurologist in AFPMC but i don't have an idea on how to go about it. i really need help. thank you!

#25 docThor

docThor

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Good day doctors, I have a few questions regarding joining the AFP Medical Corps. Say I decide to join as a GP, undergo training to be a captain and successfully finish the assigned tours of duty... Can I enter residency training in other hospitals besides V.Luna? What are the chances that I can get training abroad? Will I still be able to practice privately?

I really feel this is a chance for me to receive the necessary training for my future practice while also serving our country at the same time. Thank you!

#26 drmodify

drmodify

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Good day doctors, I have a few questions regarding joining the AFP Medical Corps. Say I decide to join as a GP, undergo training to be a captain and successfully finish the assigned tours of duty... Can I enter residency training in other hospitals besides V.Luna? What are the chances that I can get training abroad? Will I still be able to practice privately?

I really feel this is a chance for me to receive the necessary training for my future practice while also serving our country at the same time. Thank you!

As far as I know from a Major Doctor friend of mine said that you can enter training and then be a reservist and practice in other hospitals for residency training but when duty calls you must respond or you will be sanctioned. Pagumalis ka naman sa residency mo baka magreset ang year level mo pagbalik mo from duty, depende sa institution or baka mahirap ka na makapasok uli kasi meron nagfill ng vacant slot mo. So better way is to practice residency in V. Luna then go on CAD pagbalik mo sa V. luna maintain parin year level mo.

Edited by drmodify, 09 October 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#27 jigjigmadarang

jigjigmadarang

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

i am glad to read some articles about this.

i am presently in ARESCOM, with a CPL rank... i am presently applying for Promotion as CAPT... as this is due to our profession.... but There are requirements to fulfill...
I learned that below 37 y/o are legible to join the Regular force...
I am 39 y/o... This is my channel to join our AFP, and I am hoping to join the Regular force thru CAD in the future...

#28 dencio

dencio

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

i"m also a reservist on inactive status in the MC and matagal ng wala sa asksyon, and i want to re join the ready reserve.

anyone knows the correct path or unit?? .Salamat for any info.

#29 dokleng

dokleng

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

good pm Doctors, I am currently an Intern and is interested in applying for Neurosurgery sa V Luna. tanong ko lang po sana kung yearly ba siya naga-accept ng trainees and ilang slots per year? saka if ano ang reqs nila? I heard that maganda ang Neurosurgery training sa VLUna, specially for Trauma...thank you!

#30 moonlighter

moonlighter

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

magkano po ang salary ng isang army doctor?

#31 jhe0121

jhe0121

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hinihikayat ako ng mom ko na mag army doctor nalang daw after med school, pero tinatakot ako ng mga tao na kapag female daw na army doctor kinakalbo din daw? :(

#32 BenAlexander

BenAlexander

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

I used to be a physician in the military. It's pretty much like any institution in the Philippines. Full of intrigue and backbiting. Pay was decent, and for the particular service I was in, it was pretty much petiks. Didn't stay long though, and decided to take surgery residency training in another government hospital rather than V.Luna.

Don't  worry too much about BMT when you join the military. At least, during my time they allow doctors to slack off. BMT for docs is pretty much just a formality.

Edited by BenAlexander, 11 October 2014 - 03:29 PM.