#1 doc_armand

doc_armand

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply to UST FMS for next school year, and I just wanted to ask a couple of things:

1. What do you think are my chances of getting admitted? Below is a snapshot of my application profile:

- AB Psychology graduate (w/ Latin Honors - MCL) from a known college in the Metro
- December 2010 NMAT Percentile Rank - 84%
- Mother is an alumna of UST (but not of FMS)

2. Are there any scholarships available for incoming freshmen? Something like what UERM offers for applicants who are also Latin honor holders.

Any feedback will be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

#2 cardiosurgeon

cardiosurgeon

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply to UST FMS for next school year, and I just wanted to ask a couple of things:

1. What do you think are my chances of getting admitted? Below is a snapshot of my application profile:

- AB Psychology graduate (w/ Latin Honors - MCL) from a known college in the Metro

2. Are there any scholarships available for incoming freshmen? Something like what UERM offers for applicants who are also Latin honor holders.

Thanks!

I think you have a good headstart... but you also need to consider other requirements for the school year 2012-2013, and considering that the applicants for medicine is increasing, the competition will be thight.. about the scholarship, I think, There is a scholarship for MCL, just check ust med site..

#3 doc_armand

doc_armand

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:56 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I think you have a good headstart... but you also need to consider other requirements for the school year 2012-2013, and considering that the applicants for medicine is increasing, the competition will be thight.. about the scholarship, I think, There is a scholarship for MCL, just check ust med site..

Thanks cardiosurgeon! Good to know I have a fighting chance at least - I realize its quite difficult to enter UST Med since it's already very competitive nowadays.

#4 cardiosurgeon

cardiosurgeon

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

God bless to you.. focus on your goal, and i think you will be able to have it.

#5 Francis Marie

Francis Marie

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

hi! so, you're applying. that's great! Sabay tayo. :-) pero, I'm still to finish my fourth year Medical Technology. I already took the NMAT, ka-batch tayo actually (dec2010). I was wondering, hindi matanggap sa first application...pupwede kayang mag-apply ulit? hmmm.

#6 shengseuonym

shengseuonym

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

hi guys. just wanna ask something. what are the chances na makapasok ako sa UST-FMS with a low NMAT score?

#7 Patricia_RN

Patricia_RN

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

hi guys. just wanna ask something. what are the chances na makapasok ako sa UST-FMS with a low NMAT score?

Hello there! Are you applying for A.Y. 2012-2013 as well?
I've asked a friend who's in her first year in UST-FMS. She told me that 80 would be safe, but to aim higher. I'm not particularly sure about the rumors saying that UST would only consider those who scored 80 and above due to the bulk of applicants this year. Mind you, there's also a significant number of UST grads who are trying to get in. Can anyone confirm/disprove this hearsay?

I also took the NMAT recently. I have a 1.4 GWA and submitted four pages worth of extra-curricular activities (I lost most of my certificates and just had our org moderator certify my participation by presenting an extensive list of the activities I was part of), tried to squeeze in my other awards (Best Student Research- Experimental, Service Awards etc), however my NMAT score fell a bit short. I got a 79.

I am also worried that my chances getting in UST just got smaller. I am not a UST alumnus, none of my parents are (Dad's from UP-Manila, Mom's from La Consolacion), and my percentile rank isn't enough. Will I still be able to compensate for this? Let's say, I scored really high in their entrance exam. Would that make a difference? Would the Admissions Committee reconsider my application? I understand that aspiring Thomasian MD's are competing for very limited slots and they will only select thecreme de la creme out of the whole lot, so one really has to prove that he/she deserves that slot.

Being accepted in UST-FMS will be a realization of a life-long dream and any response is highly appreciated. God bless! :)

#8 cardiosurgeon

cardiosurgeon

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hello there! Are you applying for A.Y. 2012-2013 as well?
I've asked a friend who's in her first year in UST-FMS. She told me that 80 would be safe, but to aim higher. I'm not particularly sure about the rumors saying that UST would only consider those who scored 80 and above due to the bulk of applicants this year. Mind you, there's also a significant number of UST grads who are trying to get in. Can anyone confirm/disprove this hearsay?

I also took the NMAT recently. I have a 1.4 GWA and submitted four pages worth of extra-curricular activities (I lost most of my certificates and just had our org moderator certify my participation by presenting an extensive list of the activities I was part of), tried to squeeze in my other awards (Best Student Research- Experimental, Service Awards etc), however my NMAT score fell a bit short. I got a 79.

I am also worried that my chances getting in UST just got smaller. I am not a UST alumnus, none of my parents are (Dad's from UP-Manila, Mom's from La Consolacion), and my percentile rank isn't enough. Will I still be able to compensate for this? Let's say, I scored really high in their entrance exam. Would that make a difference? Would the Admissions Committee reconsider my application? I understand that aspiring Thomasian MD's are competing for very limited slots and they will only select thecreme de la creme out of the whole lot, so one really has to prove that he/she deserves that slot.

Being accepted in UST-FMS will be a realization of a life-long dream and any response is highly appreciated. God bless! Posted Image

you surely have a chance on entering.. i am also not from UST premed and non of my parents or siblings are from ust..I only have 2 pages of extracurricular, but i did great on my premed grades,nmat, and entrance exam.. in our time my classmates from premed who also are cum laude wasn't able to enter because of low nmat scores but still if they only try to ask for reconsideration, i think they will be able to enter.. my classmate now from med who is a ust grad with NMAT of 50's was able to enter, so it realy depends on the points that you will be able to earn..last year they don't have interview session, i have no idea if they will have it for this year.. one thing that i want you to know is that, not all who enters UST are all good, and not all who were not able to make it will have the right to end up losing their dream of becoming a doctor, .. hope to see you =)

#9 ackermannMD

ackermannMD

PMD Visiting Physician

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I am not sure with the regards to the percentage but here's what I know:

1st: Everyone is ranked according to the following which were given: Grades, NMAT exam and Entrance exam.

2nd: Stratification of the population (Thomasians > Others)

3rd: Male = Female

4th: Catholics > Non-catholics

5th: Parents are Thomasian Alumni > None

So with regards to the extracurricular thing, I guess the program/secretary would be very much tired if she/he inputs everything in it.... so basically it doesn't have a great impact.

#10 Patricia_RN

Patricia_RN

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

@cardiosurgeon @ackermannMD
Thank you so much for the insights! I think I did quite well in the entrance exam. I'm really hoping and praying that it'll somehow boost my chances. Right now, I leave everything to God's grace. I believe that every applicant has a chance. In my case, I'm still not giving up.

#11 docmarkcalma

docmarkcalma

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

Based on my experience when i entered UST-FMS, here are the good signs for you:
NMAT: 85 and above
Pre-med: Upper 30th percentile of the batch
Backers: not really, unless...anak ka ng presidente
Entrance examn: 50/50

#12 jir_MD

jir_MD

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

thank you

#13 Shizzle730

Shizzle730

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi. I'm selling my condo beside UST. Ready to move in! You're the first one who will occupy the unit! It's a good deal sin 2.7M na ngayon yung unit. I'm selling it for only 2.5M all in na including move in fee and transfer of title. http://www.sulit.com...e+arts+building

#14 mayhem

mayhem

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

same dilemma, just want to ask kung may chance pa ko makapasok sa ustfms

• i failed more than 8 units of subject in UST Posted Image
  • i haven't taken the NMAT yet :/
and

I want to enter Medicine.
I messed up my pre-med course because it was really difficult.

so

I want to know, is there any chances that I can get in by just having a connection????
PLEASE PLEASE I NEED ANSWER.
PLEASE HELP. I was asking the same thing in ust pex forum, just want to ask also here.. huhuhu

#15 alnaif

alnaif

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hi! Posted Image what are my chances of getting in??

-GWA 1.85
-NMAT 91
-PRE MED (B.S. MEDTECH)
-NON THOMASIAN
-NON CATHOLIC

APPLICANT FOR S.Y. 2013-2014.Posted Image

#16 Denversatile

Denversatile

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Paano po kung walang Certifications of extracurricular activities... makakapasok pa rin ba sa USTFMS... required po ba talaga yun?

#17 med1985

med1985

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Paano po kung walang Certifications of extracurricular activities... makakapasok pa rin ba sa USTFMS... required po ba talaga yun?

As far as what l understood, they will just give extra credits for it but not a requirement.

#18 fighting

fighting

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

may chance pa ba ako sa ust fms? i took the nmat last dec 2, 2012 and i got 50+. i am an alumna of ust also. pero pano yun 80 daw ang nmat required? though may mga kilala ako na below 80 ngayon na first year doon.

#19 Drken06

Drken06

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

may chance pa ba ako sa ust fms? i took the nmat last dec 2, 2012 and i got 50+. i am an alumna of ust also. pero pano yun 80 daw ang nmat required? though may mga kilala ako na below 80 ngayon na first year doon.

o talaga? pano sila nakapasok? kala ko strict ang uste sa reqts. ust alumna din ba sila?

#20 fighting

fighting

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

o talaga? pano sila nakapasok? kala ko strict ang uste sa reqts. ust alumna din ba sila?

sa nagrecommend. si cardinal rosales daw. 40 lang nmat non eh. at yung iba pang relatives ng doctor doon.. kaso wala naman akong someone na ganyan kainfluencial. wala din akong doctor na kamaganak :(

#21 dabid

dabid

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

same tayo ng case...di ko din alam kung may chance pang makapasok tayo sa FMS.... :(

#22 dexter_55

dexter_55

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hello! what are my chances?

-GWA 1.75
-NMAT 86
-Pre Med Nursing
-Non-Thomasian
-Catholic

😁

#23 pectoralismajor

pectoralismajor

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

please help me.. ndi ako nakapasa., pwede pa bang magpareconsider? please I need feedback/s..

#24 M.D.2017

M.D.2017

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

you can write a letter addressing to the dean about your appeal for reconsideration. my friend got accepted last year by doing this though her grandmother is one of the 'big guys' inside UST med.... and I think that is the biggest factor why she got it..

Edited by M.D.2017, 27 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#25 pectoralismajor

pectoralismajor

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

you can write a letter addressing to the dean about your appeal for reconsideration. my friend got accepted last year by doing this though her grandmother is one of the 'big guys' inside UST med.... and I think that is the biggest factor why she got it..

what if I don't have any 'big guys' inside ust med? do I have the chance?

#26 pjmcrmt

pjmcrmt

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

I was not accepted in the ust med eligible applicants.... pero I'm planning to submit a letter of reconsideration... ahhh this is frustrating, I'm from ust med tech. NMAT 94. GWA 2.379 :(  i know it is super low pero ako din naman may kasalanan for being a lax student... I'm actually willing to pay nga eh, Anyone who can help me with this matter? :( i just want it so bad, I still have a lot to prove....

#27 M.D.2017

M.D.2017

PMD Fellow

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

i'm not sure but i think it's worth trying

#28 rN.md

rN.md

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

malaki na po ba talaga ang chance pag nag reconsideration letter ka? cum laude graduate ako.. then I think I did great nmn in the entrance exam.. nmat lang below 80. that's my problem. im planning to write a reconsideration letter. my possibility p ba? thanks :)

#29 DrCJAC

DrCJAC

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

hello everyone, i was just wondering about my chances into getting in to UST.

> GWA of 1.5

> Cum Laude

> With pending application for TOSP

> Premed course: BS Nursing

> Non-Thomasian, without thomasian relatives

> Catholic school graduate

> i took my NMAT last december 2012, unfortunately, i got a low score of 57 :((

I know my chances of getting in are slim due to my poor NMAT score but will my other credentials make up for it??

or should i just retake the NMAT altogether and aim for a much higher score? what then is the safest score to have if ever I tried again? 

Thanks!

#30 trisprior

trisprior

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hindi ba talaga tumatanggap ang UST FMS ng student with more than 8 units of failure? Kahit general education courses ito at hindi major subjects? 

#31 Medicine.Atienza

Medicine.Atienza

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Good evening. May tanong po ako. 84 po NMAT ko. Tapos ung GWA ko mga 2.0. Naging president po ako ng student organization sa letran manila saka active sa mga activities sa loob ng school. Active sa mga intramurals. Member ng mga organizations sa labas ng school. Graduate po ako ng Letran BS Psychology. May chance po kaya akong makapasok ng UST-FMS?   :(

#32 EMS

EMS

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

hello everyone, i was just wondering about my chances into getting in to UST.

> GWA of 1.5

> Cum Laude

> With pending application for TOSP

> Premed course: BS Nursing

> Non-Thomasian, without thomasian relatives

> Catholic school graduate

> i took my NMAT last december 2012, unfortunately, i got a low score of 57 :((

I know my chances of getting in are slim due to my poor NMAT score but will my other credentials make up for it??

or should i just retake the NMAT altogether and aim for a much higher score? what then is the safest score to have if ever I tried again? 

Thanks!

retake your NMAT.. your other credentials are quite good and i think it is above the requirements needed by UST..

#33 EMS

EMS

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hindi ba talaga tumatanggap ang UST FMS ng student with more than 8 units of failure? Kahit general education courses ito at hindi major subjects? 

i think hindi.. parang pagkakaalam ko di sila tumatanggap ng kahit anong failing grade sa premed..

#34 EMS

EMS

PMD Visiting Physician

• PMD Silver Group
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Good evening. May tanong po ako. 84 po NMAT ko. Tapos ung GWA ko mga 2.0. Naging president po ako ng student organization sa letran manila saka active sa mga activities sa loob ng school. Active sa mga intramurals. Member ng mga organizations sa labas ng school. Graduate po ako ng Letran BS Psychology. May chance po kaya akong makapasok ng UST-FMS?   :(

just ask the registrar if you are qualified. pero next year ka pa siguro kasi may entrance exam ang UST FMS.

#35 taq

taq

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

How about my chances?

GWA is 2.6.
NMAT is 91.
UST Biology.
Catholic.
Parents are not from UST.

I'm to finish my college degree in 5 years (1 year more than the usual).
I failed only 3 units so far.

Will apply for 2014-2015.

Edited by taq, 18 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#36 Aggravate

Aggravate

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

How about my chances?

GWA is 2.6.
NMAT is 91.
UST Biology.
Catholic.
Parents are not from UST.

I'm to finish my college degree in 5 years (1 year more than the usual).
I failed only 3 units so far.

Will apply for 2014-2015.

I guess you have a good chance of getting in compared to non-Thomasians. But competing with other Thomasians with no failing grades, that will give you a hard time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyhow, I would like to ask if my chances are high.

• Male Thomasian (Pre Med: UST College of Science - BS Psychology)
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
  • NMAT - 90% (Second-take)
  • GWA - 1.975 (Still working on it to obtain a higher grade)
  • I can fill up a whole page of extra-curricular activities
  • I have relatives who graduated in UST (though not in UST-FMS)
  • I have a referral from a catholic priest (who graduated in UST-FMS)

Edited by Aggravate, 24 May 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#37 taq

taq

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

I guess you have a good chance of getting in compared to non-Thomasians. But competing with other Thomasians with no failing grades, that will give you a hard time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyhow, I would like to ask if my chances are high.

• Male Thomasian (Pre Med: UST College of Science - BS Psychology)[/*]
  • Religion: Roman Catholic[/*]
  • NMAT - 90% (Second-take)[/*]
  • GWA - 1.975 (Still working on it to obtain a higher grade)[/*]
  • I can fill up a whole page of extra-curricular activities[/*]
  • I have relatives who graduated in UST (though not in UST-FMS)[/*]
  • I have a referral from a catholic priest (who graduated in UST-FMS)[/*]

Thanks for the reply

But for this coming AY, some of my friends who got lower NMAT percentile, lower GWA and failed more units than me got in

I really find the selection process weird

#38 Rayzor

Rayzor

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

hi guys im looking for 2 male roomates for my condo unit here in Crown Tower sampaloc manila, 2 minutes walk from UST. 31 sqm. po sya and fully furnished. P5,000 po per month ang payment excluding electricity. Amenities include: swimming pool, fully functional gym, library and 24/7 security. kindly contact me nalang po if interested kayo. 09164991275

#39 Aggravate

Aggravate

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

@Taq: Like what the TS from the other thread said, the selection process is based on rankings accdg to gender, religion, NMAT, and GWA. :) Most likely, there is a tighter competition for the ladies for they have higher GWAs, and NMAT percentile. But AFAIK, the ratio of male to female students is equal. :)

#40 futureMD07

futureMD07

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi! I'm a newbie here. May I ask what is the exact month this year UST-FMS will open its admission for SY 2014-2015? What is my chance of getting in:

- GWA 1.98 (BS Nursing) from a college with 100% passing rate for 3 years.

- NMAT (average score of 80) but willing take to again this december

- Male Non-Thomasian

- Catholic (My birth certificate says I am but recently converted)

- NO thomasian relatives

- NO referral either but willing to find one if needed

Hoping for a good response. Thank you!

#41 aaarcher

aaarcher

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Non-thomasian. 65% nmat. 2.5 gpa

#42 markestoque

markestoque

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

I know my stats are not that good pero do you think I would get accepted with these? And any people with the same circumstances that got accepted? Thanks

BS Architecture. Not a Latin honor with a belo 2.00 GWA

84 NMAT

Few relatives who are graduates of UST but not from UST FMS.

#43 kiloalphamike

kiloalphamike

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

hi everyone. I would like to know my chances of getting accepted to UST Med and if there are someone like me who got accepted thanks! I plan to apply to ust med next school year.

Male, catholic
UST Alumni (bs pharma, 2013)
Passed board exam
Gwa 2.30
Nmat 89 (april 2014)
No thomasian relative, backer etc...

#44 JCPL2014

JCPL2014

PMD Resident

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

i think hindi.. parang pagkakaalam ko di sila tumatanggap ng kahit anong failing grade sa premed..

15. Are there applications that will not be processed?

Yes, applications from the following will automatically not be processed:

1. Those who will not be holders of a bachelor's degree in science or arts (AB or BS) conferred upon them by a duly recognized institution at the time of enrolment. The exception are those students who will be finishing their studies not later than July of the year that they are applying for, provided that they secure a letter from their dean stating that they will be graduating by that time.
  2. Those who have incurred more than eight units of failures.
  3. Those who have advanced credits in medicine.
  4. Those who have been convicted of any crime.
  5. Those who cannot submit their application form or the required documents on or before their scheduled appointment.

#45 simplisittih18

simplisittih18

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

hi guys, I would like to ask if there are muslims din na nag aapply for UST?

#46 mjcsantos

mjcsantos

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hi everyone! I would just like to ask your opinion about my chances of getting in to UST FMS

Pre-med: BS Physical Therapy

GWA of 1.5 (no failed grades during my entire college)

Not a Latin Honor but was the Valedictorian of our batch (since my grade did not make it to the school's cut off for cum laude)

NMAT 83

Passed the board exam with a fairly high grade

Non Thomasian, but a graduate from one of the big 4 universities (the one located in cavite)

Parents not from UST as well

I'm really hoping for your response especially with the NMAT grade since for the SY 2015-2016 they are requiring an NMAT of 85% already. Will my application still be processed even though my NMAT is only 83?

Thank you so much!

Edited by mjcsantos, 06 October 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#47 bleudsky_md

bleudsky_md

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

hi guys, I would like to ask if there are muslims din na nag aapply for UST?

Yes there are Muslims applicants who made it into UST FMS.

#48 bleudsky_md

bleudsky_md

PMD Consultant

• Pinoy.MD Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:49 AM

Hi everyone! I would just like to ask your opinion about my chances of getting in to UST FMS

Pre-med: BS Physical Therapy

GWA of 1.5 (no failed grades during my entire college)

Not a Latin Honor but was the Valedictorian of our batch (since my grade did not make it to the school's cut off for cum laude)

NMAT 83

Passed the board exam with a fairly high grade

Non Thomasian, but a graduate from one of the big 4 universities (the one located in cavite)

Parents not from UST as well

I'm really hoping for your response especially with the NMAT grade since for the SY 2015-2016 they are requiring an NMAT of 85% already. Will my application still be processed even though my NMAT is only 83?

Thank you so much!

I had the same pre-med profile as you have. In my case, I was accepted into the faculty yearS ago.

You have to follow guidelines set by UST FMS, including the cut-off score for their NMAT. Otherwise, your documents will not be processed. And you won't be accepted into the faculty. The competition is high, and I don't know how many non-thomasians pre-med grads they will accept for 2015 (even if they accept 500 students; nung time namin, 400 lang).

Anyways, goodluck and God bless to you!

#49 markestoque

markestoque

PMD Intern

• PMD Bronze 2 Group
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:41 AM

Ang lungkot kasi bigla silang nagtaas ng NMAT requirement. 84 NMAT ko.

Are there cases which they consider such cases? :(

#50 Dr. Potter

Dr. Potter

PMD Med Student

• PMD Bronze Group
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

Hi! I was informed before na may template daw yung recommendation letter for UST FMS which will be received via email after the online application. Tapos na ko sa online application but wala ako nareceive na template. I called UST OFAD and the woman said that Good Moral Certificate will do (di siya sure). Anyone here na may copy pa nung template for UST FMS recommendation letters? Please. TIA! :)